Re: Cowgol development environment hosted on Z80 computers running CP/M

Message has been deleted

yeti

Nov 12, 2023, 3:18:12 PM11/12/23
-----------------------------------8<-----------------------------------
G0>dir like.*
G: LIKE COM | LIKE COW
G0>like
_
/ )
___ / /__
|-' _)
| _)
___|-.____)

G0>_
----------------------------------->8-----------------------------------

(You probably can guess the source... just prints...)

--
This stealth signature intentionally left blank.

yeti

Nov 13, 2023, 1:36:37 AM11/13/23
Can the file ENVIRON be used like in HiTech-C to separate toolchain and
workdir?

--
Solid facts do not need 1001 pictures.
Message has been deleted

yeti

Nov 13, 2023, 4:23:59 AM11/13/23
ladislau szilagyi <ladislau...@euroqst.ro> writes:

> Pe luni, 13 noiembrie 2023, la 08:36:37 UTC+2, yeti a scris:
>> Can the file ENVIRON be used like in HiTech-C to separate toolchain and
>> workdir?

> I'm working on it + other changes...

Thanks!

So it wasn't PEBKAC that despite seeing ENVIRON in COWGOL.COM I couldn't
find how to use it. ;-)

--
Stay ommmmmmptimistic!
Message has been deleted

Nils M Holm

Nov 13, 2023, 12:45:05 PM11/13/23
ladislau szilagyi <ladislau...@euroqst.ro> wrote:
> But, the size of hexdump.com is about 25% the size of dumpx.com !!!
> (14 x 128 bytes vs. 61 x 128 bytes)

Just for fun translated dumpx.c to T3X function by function, and the
resulting executable has a size of 23 records.

> And, hexdump is faster than dumpx ( at least 2 X ).

The binary dumps itself in 4s on a 7.4Mhz Z80 (file system on a CF card).

Program: http://t3x.org/files/hexdump.t
Compiler: http://t3x.org/t3x/index.html#0

--
Nils M Holm < n m h @ t 3 x . o r g > http://t3x.org
Message has been deleted

yeti

Dec 11, 2023, 1:18:19 AM12/11/23
Guess what?

Hackaday
Cowgol Development Environment Comes To Z80 And CP/M
<https://hackaday.com/2023/12/10/cowgol-development-environment-comes-to-z80-and-cp-m/>

--
I do not bite, I just want to play.
Message has been deleted