Adventure games

Mitch Mlinar

Apr 1, 1989, 12:48:00 AM4/1/89

I never thought my daughter would become an interested computer user at
her young age, but such is the case. One of her favorites is the small
adventure game I made up for her (using a heavily modified ADVEN80
adventure generator - source available if anyone is interested). The
original adventure is a tad to much for her, although she loves it.
However, turn back the clock ...

Remember the old Scott Adam's series of Adventure games. I had one or two
on an old machine called the Sorcerer, but that is a pain having only
a cassette drive to load 16k. At one time, I recall the whole series
being sold on a disk for CP/M. Does anyone even remember this or can
lead me to a place where I can get them?

My daughter and I thank you.

-Mitch

David Michael McCord

Apr 2, 1989, 8:56:41 PM4/2/89
On the topic of the old Scott Adams adventure games and their availability
for CP/M, I seriously doubt there is any legit place to get them.

I believe that Mr. Adams company, Adventure International, is defunct.

But they used to be available, because I purchased an 8" SSSD disk with
CP/M versions of all twelve adventures on it via special order from the
local computer store back in '82, I think. It cost me $100 or so.

I have not seen it in the Central Computer Products CP/M times catalog
(although, curiously, Turbo Modula-2 *is* in it) or anywhere else in
many years.

Da...@cup.portal.com

Mike Morris

Apr 5, 1989, 1:28:21 AM4/5/89
In article <16...@oberon.USC.EDU> mli...@eve.usc.edu writes:

>Remember the old Scott Adam's series of Adventure games. I had one or two
>on an old machine called the Sorcerer, but that is a pain having only
>a cassette drive to load 16k. At one time, I recall the whole series
>being sold on a disk for CP/M. Does anyone even remember this or can
>lead me to a place where I can get them?
>
>My daughter and I thank you.
>
>-Mitch
I remember seeing an ad in a gaming magazine sold in the gaming store
at the local mall - i.e. the place that sells Dungeons & Dragons stuff,
Chess, etc. Also some of the _bigger_ newsstands might have it.

Or go to the TRW swap meet, find an old copy of Byte, or Kilobaud, and
just maybe scott adams hasn't moved (but that's a long shot).

Scott is still writing games - you just have to look for the ads where
they do the most good, and that means gaming magazines.

US Snail: Mike Morris UUCP: Mor...@Jade.JPL.NASA.gov
P.O. Box 1130 Also: WA6ILQ
Arcadia, Ca. 91006-1130
#Include disclaimer.standard | The opinions above probably do not even