What have I gotten myself into...

Todd Na

Jul 23, 2022, 10:06:38 PM7/23/22
So, I no longer have to move every 3-4 years for work, and I've finally decided to go through everything and start getting rid of stuff, some of which remained in boxes that I just stuck in the attic or garage when I'd move.

I don't have that much computer stuff, but I've been grabbing cables from every box, every chest, and every container that had computer stuff. I never seemed to have a cable I might need at the time, so I would just buy a new one.

The number of HDMI, VGA, Network cables, USB cables, and power cables I'm putting together are insane. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this stuff.

How many power cables does someone actually need?

George Warner

Aug 23, 2022, 4:40:06 PM8/23/22
I'm sure that as soon as you get rid of that DB-25 to SCSI cable you'll need it. ;-)

[I just spent a day tracking down a black (not grey) SCSI-II connector for a Mac IIfx. ;-)]

Steven Hirsch

Aug 24, 2022, 8:43:38 AM8/24/22
On 7/23/22 22:06, Todd Na wrote:

> The number of HDMI, VGA, Network cables, USB cables, and power cables I'm
> putting together are insane. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all
> this stuff.
>
> How many power cables does someone actually need?

I've always believed that IEC power cords breed in captivity. I must have at
least 100 of them.

Todd Na

Sep 15, 2022, 8:16:28 AM9/15/22
Hahaha!!! so true...

Randy McLaughlin

Sep 15, 2022, 1:26:45 PM9/15/22
My problem isn't their breeding, I believe they feed on my socks. I've been looking for something to trap em when they go out hunting but when I go to a store to buy a trap I get the strangest looks from the store clerks.

Randy