BigBoard 2- Z80 CP/M 2.2 System

james.h...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2023, 1:10:57 PM11/19/23
I built a BigBoard 2 way back in 1982 from a bare board. I still have that system, and it still runs! I would like to add a "hard drive" to it. A CF card would be ideal so I guess I need to turn my SASI interface into an IDE interface. Is there any info available or better yet at kit?
Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne Hortensius

Nov 23, 2023, 5:23:52 PM11/23/23
Since you've already got a SASI interface, a BlueSCSI board might be
simpler. I've built one and plugged it into the SCSI port on my Ampro
LB/Z80 and it works like a charm.

https://github.com/erichelgeson/BlueSCSI

Steven Hirsch

Nov 24, 2023, 9:35:21 AM11/24/23
On 11/19/23 13:10, james.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> I built a BigBoard 2 way back in 1982 from a bare board. I still have that system, and it still runs! I would like to add a "hard drive" to it. A CF card would be ideal so I guess I need to turn my SASI interface into an IDE interface. Is there any info available or better yet at kit?
> Any Info would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at this solution:

http://koyado.com/Heathkit/Ferguson_BigBoard_II.html

ve4...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2023, 8:33:41 PM11/24/23
How about adding 4 Gotek (or clone) drives? Apparently, you can define a drive type of up to 255 tracks, some number of sectors, another number of bytes/sec. Adding some static ram beside the ROM will suffice for sector buffers in my mind. Of course, that will mean hacking the BIOS...