New version of my Xmodem program

Martin Eberhard

Nov 15, 2021, 12:54:42 PM11/15/21
I've just released version 2.9 of my Xmodem file transfer program for CP/M. This is a minor tweak on version 2.8: the receiver is now flushed of any garbage characters before receiving a file. (Previous versions would get hung up due to leftover characters in the UART's buffers if you had aborted a file transfer before trying to transfer a new file.)

You can find the new version in my directory that's hosted on Mike Douglas's website, here:

https://deramp.com/downloads/mfe_archive/005-Documentation%20and%20Code%20by%20Martin/010%20Code%20by%20Martin/CPM%20Code/XMODEM/

There's also a handy little program for confirming the functionality of your serial link, called XMTERM, here:

https://deramp.com/downloads/mfe_archive/005-Documentation%20and%20Code%20by%20Martin/010%20Code%20by%20Martin/CPM%20Code/XMTERM/

XMTERM is a simple terminal program that uses the same configuration file (XMODEM.CFG) as does the Xmodem program, so it tests the serial link as well as the config file setup.

Cheers,
Martin