CBASIC-68K Manual

Thomas Niccum

May 31, 2022, 10:27:33 PM5/31/22
Has anyone seen (or better yet have access to) a CBASIC for CP/M 68K manual?

It was mentioned in the read.me file in the distribution disks for CPM68k that I have where it was referred to as:
"CBASIC Compiler(CB68) Programmer's Guide for the CP/M-68K Family of Operating Systems"

I've spent a fair amount of time searching, but so far, nada.

I've been fooling around with the compiler and like it - it does seem to follow the earlier CBASIC pretty closely with two exceptions that I've noted so far...
1-Error codes are shown in the CBASIC (non 68K version) as two letter codes, but the errors from CB68 are numeric...
2-I can't get any of the mentioned compiler toggles to work... Getting the $L toggle working so that line numbers are reported with run-time errors would be helpful!

Any documentation on the compiler would be most welcome!
-Tom

Zbig

Jun 1, 2022, 6:09:47 AM6/1/22

http://old-dos.ru/books/3/a/e/CBASIC_Language_Reference_Manual_Oct82.pdf

> Any documentation on the compiler would be most welcome!

http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/digitalResearch/cb80/CBASIC_Compiler_CB86_Programmers_Guide_May83.pdf

Randy McLaughlin

Jun 1, 2022, 2:44:49 PM6/1/22
CBASIC and its derivative's varied significantly from CB80 etal.

I would check and see which manual you found the directives in.

In general CBASIC could would compile with little to no changes under CB80 (CB86), but the command-lines were vastly different. CB80 code and command-lines would generally be compatible with CB86.

CB86 for DOS basically was CB86 for CP/M-86 with a patch to handle DOS calls.

I never used CB68.

I loved the fact DRI's CBASIC languages could add 1+2 and come up with 2, unlike Micro-Sloths basics.

Randy