src for Elvis 1.8pl4

John McCue

Oct 10, 2020, 11:30:14 AM10/10/20
Hi All,

After installing 4.2.14 I decided to see if I can find
any obvious differences between elvis 18pl3 and 18pl4.

I noticed one thing. When copying one line from 1 file
to another file using 'Y', for me, does not work in pl3
but works with pl4.

So you can get pl4 source here if you are unable to
find the official version

https://www.jmcunx.com/data/elvis18p4.tgz
https://www.jmcunx.com/data/elvis18p4.tgz.md5sums

This install script will rename the original version of
elvis instead of overlaying with pl4

https://www.jmcunx.com/data/inst_E18.sh

To compile, copy Makefile.mix to Makefile and uncomment
the "Coherent 4.0" lines. It uses Coherent's cc.

Regards

Udo Munk

Oct 10, 2020, 12:50:42 PM10/10/20
On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:30:14 PM UTC+2, John McCue wrote:
> I noticed one thing. When copying one line from 1 file
> to another file using 'Y', for me, does not work in pl3
> but works with pl4.

One of the improvements that came with pl4.

> So you can get pl4 source here if you are unable to
> find the official version

It is also here, and I'm certain it's the original official version unmodified:

https://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/coherent/ftp/gnu-udo/src/

I dunno anymore why I put it into the GNU stuff tho, it was not distributed under GNU copyleft
but a more moderate licence.