limited resource: network

olcay ergun

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99

I am going to make a research about Network Resource Management.
We'd like to control applications's network access on Operating System(OS)
level. We consider bandwidth as a limited resource and it must be used
fairly
among computers. In order words, OS watches requests of applications to
network.
If OS has permission to access for a machine, it lets the application to
use network resources. The diffuculty we've currently faced is that I
couldn't find research or resource about this topic. If you hit some
paper about that, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Olcay ERGUN

arare99