Where is FreeBSD 2.0 documentation???

1 view

Tom Ruess

May 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/26/95
Hi!

I try to set up FreeBSD for the very first time. I have the
Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM, but there is absolutely no
documentation on the disc. How can I build kernels? How
does anything work? Is there no written documentation?

Helpless, Tom.

| Tom Ruess | ru...@informatik.tu-muenchen.de |
| Technische Universitaet | 10011...@CompuServe.COM |
| Muenchen | Fax: +49-(0)89-8343173 |

Jordan K. Hubbard

May 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/28/95
In article <3q52s5$b...@hpsystem1.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>,

Tom Ruess <ru...@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> wrote:
>I try to set up FreeBSD for the very first time. I have the
>Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM, but there is absolutely no
>documentation on the disc. How can I build kernels? How

That's a ridiculous assertion. Not _enough_ documentation, certainly.
"absolutely no documentation?" Ziehe leine!

There's release notes, a README, a step-by-step installation guide
(which I went to great trouble to write) and a large collection of
docs in /usr/share/FAQ. In that collection are, among many other things,
full instructions on building kernels.

RTFM!

Jordan