What firewall should I use for FreeBSD?

wjbell

Mar 30, 2002, 11:59:47 AM3/30/02
I plan on installing FreeBSD 4.5 this weekend and am wondering what
firewall to use. I'm coming from about 4 years of running linux with
ipchains and then iptables. Can I use any of these with BSD? If not,
what would be the closest thing that's similar to iptables? Somthing
that tracks the state of the packets like iptables does.

Thanks for any information on this.

mic...@lpthe.jussieu.fr

Mar 31, 2002, 4:19:36 AM3/31/02

Run ipf. You only need to put
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipmon_enable="YES"
in /etc/rc.conf
and write a few rules in /etc/ipf.rules. You will discover promptly
that you have run crap software with ipchains and iptables, and how
much more simple and powerful is ipf.

--
Michel Talon