Announcing GNAT 2.02 for FreeBSD 1.1.5

Cornelis van der Laan

Feb 17, 1995, 12:50:18 AM2/17/95

The GNU Ada Translator gnat version 2.02 is now available as

ftp.ims.uni-stuttgart.de:/pub/unix/FreeBSD/gnat-2.02-freebsd-1.1.5.tar.gz

This tar files contains the binaries needed to build and use the
GNU Ada Translator on FreeBSD 1.1.5, namely gcc-2.6.3, gnat 2.02
and the Ada library (with the add-on for the Pentium-impaired people:
the fdiv-patch from Cygnus; use gcc -mfpflaw to use it).

The package installs into /usr/local/{bin,adainclude,lib/gcc-lib} and
can be used to compile a new gcc/gnat package with other pathnames,
like /usr/gnu/{bin,lib,...}.

The sources for gcc and gnat can be obtained from your local GNU archive
(gcc-2.6.3.tar.gz) and cs.nyu.edu:/pub/gnat (gnat-2.02-src.tar.gz).

Note: to use gnat, you have to set your path such that it includes
/usr/local/bin _before_ /usr/bin. The binder utility gnatbl
invokes gcc and if it uses /usr/bin/gcc it will try to link
with the wrong /usr/lib/libgcc.a library.

If time permits, I'll build a version on my FreeBSD 2.0 system, which
fits better in the installation directory hierarchie used by gcc-2.6.3
on this system. Maybe I'll even bother putting it in the source tree..

Nils
Cornelis van der Laan -- ni...@ims.uni-stuttgart.de
-- ni...@guru.stgt.sub.org
# echo Knusper Knusper Knaeuschen > /etc/nologin