Digital Technical Journal from aug 1985

Marco Hagting

Jan 21, 2009, 2:07:46 PM1/21/09
I am searching for a hardcopy or a PDF version of the
Digital Technical Journal from august 1985.
If anyone has this available, please contact me.

Best raerards,

Marco
E-Mail: vid...@home.nl

Richard B. Gilbert

Jan 21, 2009, 2:11:33 PM1/21/09

johnwa...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 21, 2009, 2:43:44 PM1/21/09
On Jan 21, 7:11 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Marco Hagting wrote:
> > I am searching for a hardcopy or a PDF version of the
> > Digital Technical Journal from august 1985.
> > If anyone has this available, please contact me.
>
> > Best raerards,
>
> > Marco
> > E-Mail:  vide...@home.nl

I can't see the articles themselves there, just an extensive set of
Tables Of Contents and bibliographic data.

DTJ from Volume 3 (1991) onwards can currently be found at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/dtj/past.htm but there's nothing
before 1991. The August 1985 issue needed here covered the VAX 8600
(according to the ToC from Utah) but I couldn't quickly find it
online.

Was this issue one of the DTJs on the CDs available at Boot Camp (?) a
year or three back?

IanMiller

Jan 21, 2009, 3:14:12 PM1/21/09
On 21 Jan, 19:43, johnwalla...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> On Jan 21, 7:11 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Marco Hagting wrote:
> > > I am searching for a hardcopy or a PDF version of the
> > > Digital Technical Journal from august 1985.
> > > If anyone has this available, please contact me.
>
> > > Best raerards,
>
> > > Marco
> > > E-Mail:  vide...@home.nl
>
> > The text is available on-line at:http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/toc/dectechj.html#1(1):August:1985
>
> > HTH
>
> I can't see the articles themselves there, just an extensive set of
> Tables Of Contents and bibliographic data.
>
> DTJ from Volume 3 (1991) onwards can currently be found athttp://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/dtj/past.htmbut there's nothing

> before 1991. The August 1985 issue needed here covered the VAX 8600
> (according to the ToC from Utah) but I couldn't quickly find it
> online.
>
> Was this issue one of the DTJs on the CDs available at Boot Camp (?) a
> year or three

Contact www.xdelta.co.uk about that CD

DEC Guy

Jan 21, 2009, 3:31:05 PM1/21/09
Darn!. I thought I had it, but no.

I've got a lot of Digital Tech Journals, but not that issue.

I'm amazed that I could find them.

Also found years of:

- Byte
- DEC Professional
- RSTS Professional
- VAX Professional
- Creative Computing

Also
- Lots of Ken Olsen & Dec articles.
- 30 DECtapes
- TOPS-10 COBOL program listings for DEC MIS systems
- a complete VAX CR-11 card reader

The only time in 20 years that I needed to go to these boxes - and the
issue needed in missing! LOL.

You at least got me to excavate a dark corner of the basement...

Andrew

Mar 31, 2011, 5:15:13 AM3/31/11
In message <QNCdnaFxd9Dx7urU...@giganews.com>, Richard B.
Gilbert <rgilb...@comcast.net> writes
are there any DECUS folks left in this world now Ken Olsen has departed
?
--
AD