Home network printer won't work

1 view

Newfdog

Mar 26, 2005, 6:21:12 PM3/26/05
Hi all...... I've just put together a small home network, one pc running
windows xp home and one running windows 98se. After some frustration I
now have shared internet access and file sharing working on both
computers. I cannot however get them to share a printer, I've run the
network wizard and all seems to be well, the printer shows up on both
computers. I've installed the appropriate drivers etc. but all attempts
to print from the windows 98 computer send the message, unable to
communicate with the printer. I've tried looking at many websites, most
of which are so general that they must be considered worthless, and I'm
not able to solve this issue. Anyone got any suggestions?

Newfdog