Sometimes my laptop looking at my neighbour's Access Point (AP) instead of my own AP, why?

santa1...@yahoo.com

Apr 10, 2005, 1:03:05 PM4/10/05

I have my laptop connected to my Access Point (AP) intially, later on
my neighbours also have access points installed, my laptop is looking
at their AP sometimes, and it is disconnecting from my own AP, if I
click on my "wireless Network connecton properties" icon on my laptop,
I can see "available networks" and "preferred networks", I can all
available AP's in my area in "available networks", how can I get rid of
all other AP's except my own, so this way I won't have this on and off
problem. Sometimes my wireless connection looking at neighbours and it
is disconnecting from my own AP, this way it is closing all of my
telnet connections and all, please help me how can I always connect to
my own AP. Thnaks.

DLink Guru

Apr 10, 2005, 4:13:37 PM4/10/05
Make your AP a prefered connection and tell windows not to connect to non
prefered networks.

Robert...

<santa1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hristo

Apr 10, 2005, 9:16:58 PM4/10/05
You may change the SSID and channel on your AP. It is normal to see other
networks, but if you are able to connect to them this means that their
owners din't change default settings to secure their network.

Hristo
http://hristo.no-ip.info