Re: Linksys WRT54G Setup Page

Message has been deleted

Bill Krahmer

Mar 23, 2005, 1:25:53 PM3/23/05
Hello,

I am not familiar with that model of course, but it should work like
the other similar models. Make sure your computer is plugged into one
of the LAN ports on the router, and make sure the Internet (I am
assuming DSL or cable) is plugged into the WAN port on the router.

What version of Windows do you have?

To be safe, just reboot the system and make sure your network
configuration is set to automatically get an IP address, before
rebooting.

Bring up a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 If that doesn't work, try
192.168.0.1 - and then hit enter. The setup should come up. If not,
then you do not have your network configuration setup properly. That
or a slight chance of a problem with the router, if it is new. Call
linksys support if that doesn't do it.

Kind Regards,
Bill Krahmer

Internet/network service monitoring software - "First Alert Service
Monitor". Free trial. http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

On 23 Mar 2005 09:08:54 -0800, prat...@gmail.com (Prateek Prasannan)
wrote:

>Ive got a Linksys WRT54G wirless router but i cant access the setup
>page eventhought my internet connection is working fine. Help would be
>apreciated.

Snowboard3r

Mar 24, 2005, 10:34:40 PM3/24/05
http://192.168.1.1/
password for basic setup is admin
no user name

"Bill Krahmer" <support@NO_SPAMelectrasoft.com> wrote in message

Dave

Mar 25, 2005, 1:40:25 PM3/25/05
wrote:

>Ive got a Linksys WRT54G wirless router but i cant access the setup
>page eventhought my internet connection is working fine. Help would be
>apreciated.

First, you do not have to be on the web to access the setup. You are
using your web browser to directly access the setup in the router...
Also, you have to access the setup via wired connection into one of
the four wired input ports (cannot access setup via wireless). Okay,
if you are using the defaults of NO User name (blank) and "admin"
(case sensitive) for the password and trying to access the router
setup via 192.168.1.1 and still can't get in, then reset your router
by holding the little reset button in for 5 seconds. Then try the
defaults again.

I had a friend that got locked out of his setup a while back and found
out he had been playing with the setup and entered a password for the
router not knowing that this was the access password for the setup.
He forgot what he had entered for the password so a reset of the
router got him back to all defaults and gave him his setup access
back.

Hope this helps.....