How to connect 6 pc's to Internet

chan

Mar 19, 2005, 10:01:04 PM3/19/05
I am using Linksys Wireless 4 port route, but I have 6 pc's at home.
What is the best way to connect all my pc's, network harddrive, and
print server in one network.

Thanks.

Nocturnal

Mar 19, 2005, 10:21:57 PM3/19/05
You could buy another router and or hub.
"chan" <chandra...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

DLink Guru

Mar 19, 2005, 10:56:01 PM3/19/05
Make atleast 5 of your PCs wireless, or all 6. If your Network Harddrive is
ethernet then connect it to a port on the router as well as your print
server.

Robert....

"Nocturnal" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bill Krahmer

Mar 23, 2005, 1:39:19 PM3/23/05
Hello Chan,

The best thing to do is to plug a switch into one of the ports on the
router. it is basically just a built-in switch in the router that
gives you 4 ports. You can easily connect another switch to any of the
ports (via the switch's uplink port).

If you go wireless, and you have more than 1 wireless connection
connected to the access point, it will force all the wireless
connections to share bandwidth, making the connections slower.

Kind Regards,
Bill Krahmer

Internet/network service monitoring software.
"First Alert Service Monitor" - Free trial.
http://www.electrasoft.com/fasm.htm

On 19 Mar 2005 19:01:04 -0800, "chan" <chandra...@yahoo.com>