Hardware or Soft modem?

AlanS

Sep 11, 2004, 3:51:07 PM9/11/04
First, I'm not sure if a hardware modem is even necessary these days. But
I've heard that hardware modems are better, and I'm willing to pay a little
more for a lot more performance. I heard that USR and Zoom are good and I'm
trying to look for the best deals on them. If I have a fast processor (P4,
2.8mhz, 512k ddr), would I notice a difference? Either way, what would you
recommend that I should get and if possible, where to get it? By the way,
I'm in CA, US. Any advice you could give would be much appreicated.

Thanks,

Alan

Hristo Benev

Sep 11, 2004, 8:16:52 PM9/11/04
Hardware modem usually connect on higher speed and is more stable
connection. + ping is lower
But, it is more expencive than software.

"AlanS" <slash...@yahoo.com> wrote in message