modem intialization

1 view

eb

Aug 29, 2004, 10:23:53 AM8/29/04
I have reinstalled WinXP home edition new to pc. all ok with that. I had
problems with installing the modem. the drivers did not work. I
re-installed the drivers. Hardware systems says the modem is ready to work.
when I try to make a connection though with aol it tells me that the modem
could not be initiallized. There are no errors in the hardware manager.

No problems with the modem, what seems to be the problem?