Installing internal modem & Win XP

Ruth

Sep 2, 2004, 6:07:20 AM9/2/04
Several times now, I have followed the instructions for installation
that came with my Zoom v.92 internal modem (bought new earlier this
week from a reputable store), and yet the modem is still not "seen" by
the computer. The "new hardware detected" (or similar, I don't
remember the exact wording) message that I though XP would produce has
never come up, and I can't even force recognition of the modem board
through the control panel. I have tried all 4 of the available PCI
slots, thinking that there may be a hardware conflict, but that has
made no difference. Any suggestions?

Machine is a P3, 256 MB RAM, 10 GB HD, 800 MHz, running XP home
edition

Ruth