buzzer for modem

Grover

Aug 19, 2004, 3:49:12 AM8/19/04
hello I'm a firefighter and we have a Multitech system modem MT932BA
hooked up to an Epson FX870 printer that we get our calls on before
they are broadcast over the raido

the setup is in the front of the station and we are in the rear of the
station
what we are looking for is some way to hook up a bell or buzzer to the
modem or printer to signal us in the rear that a call is being sent

is there any type of device we can get to allow this

if you can offer any help on this matter it would be greatly
appreciated

thanks

Grover
BFD\NY

Grover

Aug 19, 2004, 3:51:10 AM8/19/04

Art Jackson

Aug 19, 2004, 10:42:06 PM8/19/04
Grover wrote:

This is what you want but it is a discontinued item. Do a Google search.
http://www.bb-elec.com/product.asp?sku=DATALM&PathId=41&altsku=failsaferedundancychart
It would be simple to build such a device. Check with the
commmunications and/or electronics personnel that do the communications
work for the fire department. Good luck.

--
Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA
Life is God's open book test. In order to pass,