WinFax Pro v10.02, XP SP2 and Fax Sharing

Nomin NesCio

Aug 9, 2004, 3:34:19 PM8/9/04
Greets:

I installed Windows XP SP2 and now I am no longer able to use fax
sharing. The client and hosts appear to be working properly, but when
I attempt to access/connect from the client to the host with an error
"Reason: Access is denied."). I've disabled the firewall and that
doesn't help.

I did see that Symantec's website listed there MIGHT be some issues
(see
<http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2004080212383739?Open&src=con_web_nam&tpre=us&tdir=>),
but I was wondering if other users were having the same issues and if
there was a fix other than waiting to see if Symantec will, if ever,
fix the problem.

Gerry Cornell

Aug 9, 2004, 4:28:58 PM8/9/04
Thanks for the info.

--

~~~~~~

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nomin NesCio" <No...@example.org> wrote in message

Dean Colpitts

Aug 20, 2004, 10:35:29 AM8/20/04
I bit the bullet and spent the $30 to call support.

Try this becuase it worked for me.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/docid/2004071911425704?Open&src=w

Note - as of August 20, 2004, this document, ID# 2004071911425704 was
not showing up in the Winfax KB search, but if you use the link above,
you'l be ok.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:34:19 -0700, Nomin NesCio <No...@example.org>