Do you know how to Disable (or clear) Firebase Performance Monitoring on your Android phone?

Robin Goodfellow

Oct 8, 2021, 10:12:00 PM10/8/21
Two questions:
Do you know how to Disable (or clear) Firebase Performance Monitoring on your Android phone?
What do _you_ have indexed in _your_ "Firebase" performance monitor?
<https://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/definition/Google-Firebase>

FPM really belongs under "Settings > Privacy" but Android puts FAI here:
Settings > Google > Developer > Firebase App Indexing

Even with "Capture User Actions and Errors" turned off, things are captured:
Google => com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Google Play Services => com.google.android.gms
Google TV => com.google.android.videos
Maps => com.google.android.apps.maps

Take a look, for example, at your "Google Play Services" section.
What did you find?

Mine said "no indexes found" for "Google" & "Google TV", but...
even with no Google account & capture turned off, mine says...
Google Play Services Application Details
MobileApplication = 250
MusicRecording = 25
Person = 625

And when I click further on each, mine shows me
MobileApplication = (actual links on my phone to app pages I used)
MusicRecording = (actual links to actual recorded calls & audio sounds)
Person (actual links to my actual contacts on my actual phone)

When I try to clear these indexes, I can clear all but GPS.
Settings > Apps > Your apps > Google Play Services > Storage >
Clear cache {press to clear}
Manage storage > [Manage Search Data] {press to clear}
Manage storage > [Manage Wearable Storage] {press to clear}
Manage storage > [Clear All Data] {press to clear}

Yet, when I return to the Firebase Monitoring Index, GPS still has
the same information it had about items on my phone as before.

What does your Firebase Performance Monitoring database have on you?
Do you know how to disable it or at least clear the data it stored?
--
To make it easier to open up the related Activites, you can use adb.
Repeat Last Action

Firebase App Indexing
TARGET = com.google.android.gms.app.settings.GoogleSettingsIALink
adbkkkk shell am start -n com.google.android.gms/.app.settings.GoogleSettingsIALink

Google Play Services Storage
TARGET = com.google.android.gms/co.g.Space
adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gms/co.g.Space

Manage stored Search Data
TARGET = com.google.android.gms.icing.ui.IcingManageSpaceActivity
adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gms/.icing.ui.IcingManageSpaceActivity