What other _useful_ freeware is there to install on my new 64GB Android phone?

Arlen Holder

Jan 5, 2020, 2:34:59 AM1/5/20
What other _useful_ freeware is there to install on Android?

I've come to the point, sadly, that I've pretty much installed everything I
need or want to install on my phone.

Certainly I enjoy very much testing useful software (emphasis on useful).

However, there's nothing new, it seems, that I can find - that is useful.
(Please see the list of currently installed software below.)

To find more useful Android utilities, I've scoured, for example, the "top
ten" or "top five" (etc.) "best freeware apps" for Android in 2019 & 2020
(I suspect they simply change the date in the titles for many of these and
clearly many are shills).

Lately, I can't find useful new utilities that might be useful to me, that
I don't already have installed on my 64GB Android Moto G7 (Android Pie).

I even have the two Pixel APK ports installed (Gcam & offline Recorder):
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjwRjQWV/homescreen01.jpg>
Where I can't even find more useful Google Pixel APK ports to test out. :(

*What else is there to install that is useful to an adult?*

Note: I don't play games, and I don't do social media, and I don't do
podcasts or movies on the phone (the iPad does the movies 'cuz it's
larger), and certainly I never load any apps that require a login or that
aren't freeware (ads are only acceptable if there is nothing else out there
that does the job - which almost never happens).

I pretty much have everything I need already, but I love testing software.
o *What else is there to install that is useful to an adult?*

Here's what I have so far (in a dozen or so folders):
o *Time*
<https://i.postimg.cc/1tXfQR7N/01time.jpg>>
o *People*
<https://i.postimg.cc/G24GjjCN/02people.jpg>
o *Files*
<https://i.postimg.cc/SxV9FPQ3/03files.jpg>
o *Maps*
<https://i.postimg.cc/L5zqyC0y/04map.jpg>
o *Shopping*
<https://i.postimg.cc/SxQXrGLr/05buy.jpg>
o *Pictures*
<https://i.postimg.cc/rFjsKr6t/06pic.jpg>
o *Video*
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtcxsBkC/07video.jpg>
o *Audio*
<https://i.postimg.cc/GpybJBfK/08audio.jpg>
o *Tasks*
<https://i.postimg.cc/T29f9vtz/09task.jpg>
o *Browsers*
<https://i.postimg.cc/s27RGkB0/10browse.jpg>
o *Networking*
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vk0x2xFL/11network.jpg>
o *Sensors*
<https://i.postimg.cc/MT5Nyqzt/12sensor.jpg>
o *APKs*
<https://i.postimg.cc/4yF0SP79/13apk.jpg>
o *System*
<https://i.postimg.cc/s2RNqvXw/14sys.jpg>
o *Dock*
<https://i.postimg.cc/SsStQ3c9/15dock.jpg>

*The alphabetical list of installed apps is as follows:*
o 005 Minutes Timer
<com.terarisu.limited_timer005>
o 010 Minutes Timer
<com.terarisu.limited_timer010>
o 060 Minutes Timer
<com.terarisu.limited_timer060>
o 1 List
<com.lolo.io.onelist>
o 2nd Line
<com.enflick.android.tn2nd Line>
o AddressToGPS
<me.danielbarnett.addresstogps>
o AIDA64
<com.finalwire.aida64>
o Aloha
<com.alohamobile.browser>
o Aloha Lite
<com.alohamobile.browser.lite>
o Amaze
<com.amaze.filemanager>
o APK Export
<com.ses.app.apkexport>
o Apk Extractor
<axp.tool.apkextractor>
o App Backup & Restore
<mobi.usage.appbackup>
o App Backup & Restore
<mobi.infolife.appbackup>
o App Backup Lite
<com.ruet_cse_1503050.ragib.appbackup.lite>
o App Drawer
<au.radsoft.appdrawer>
o App Ops
<rikka.appops>
o AppOpsX
<com.zzzmode.appopsx>
o apps Packages Info
<com.F2pks.applicationsinfo>
o Arity
<arity.calculator>
o Audio Recorder
<com.github.axet.audiorecorder>
o Aurora Store
<com.aurora.store>
o AutoBoy BlackBox
<com.happyconz.blackbox>
o Barcode Scanner
<com.google.zxing.client.android>
o BARIA
<com.easwareapps.baria>
o BestDAV Server (Free)
<com.zq.webdav.app_free>
o Binary Eye
<de.markusfisch.android.binaryeye>
o Boldbeast Recorder
<com.boldbeast.recorder>
o Brave
<com.brave.browser>
o Calculator
<com.simplemobiletools.calculator>
o Calendar
<com.simplemobiletools.calendar.pro>
o Call Recorder
<com.github.axet.callrecorder>
o Calyx VPN
<rg.calyxinstitute.vpn>
o Camera
<com.simplemobiletools.camera>
o Camera
<com.google.android.GoogleCamera>
o Carnet
<com.spisoft.quicknote>
o Cellular-Z
<make.more.r2d2.cellular_z>
o Clear List
<douzifly.list>
o Clock
<com.simplemobiletools.clock>
o Clock+
<com.philliphsu.clock2>
o Community compass
<com.sgr_b2.compass>
o Contacts
<com.simplemobiletools.contacts.pro>
o CPU Info
<com.kgurgul.cpuinfo>
o Diary
<rg.billthefarmer.diary>
o Dir
<com.veniosg.dir>
o DNS66
<rg.jak_linux.dns66>
o Docs
<com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs>
o Draw
<com.simplemobiletools.draw.pro>
o Droid Info
<com.inkwired.droidinfo>
o DuckDuckGo
<com.duckduckgo.mobile.android>
o Easy Diary
<me.blog.korn123.easydiary>
o Editor
<rg.billthefarmer.editor>
o EDS Lite
<com.sovworks.edslite>
o Email
<rg.dystopia.email>
o F-Droid
<rg.fdroid.fdroid>
o FairEmail
<eu.faircode.email>
o File Manager
<com.simplemobiletools.filemanager.pro>
o Firefox
<rg.mozilla.firefox>
o Firefox Klar
<rg.mozilla.klar>
o Flashlight
<com.simplemobiletools.flashlight>
o Fleksy
<com.syntellia.fleksy.keyboard>
o FTP Server (Free)
<be.ppareit.swiftp_free>
o Gallery
<com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro>
o GetBack GPS
<com.github.ruleant.getback_gps>
o Google News
<com.google.android.apps.magazines>
o Hacker's Keyboard
<rg.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard>
o Hangouts
<com.google.android.talk>
o Hangouts Dialer
<com.google.android.apps.hangoutsdialer>
o Here GPS Location
<com.borneq.heregpslocation>
o Iron
<rg.iron.srware>
o Just Notes
<com.alaskalinuxuser.justnotes>
o K-9 Mail
<com.fsck.k9>
o Keepass2Android
<keepass2android.keepass2android>
o Lesser Pad
<rg.pulpdust.lesserpad>
o List My Apps
<de.onyxbits.listmyapps>
o LocationPrivacy
<info.guardianproject.locationprivacy>
o Markor
<net.gsantner.markor>
o Minimal
<com.rubenroy.minimaltodo>
o Mobile Tower Cell-ID Info
<morapps.cellidinfo>
o MuPDF viewer
<com.artifex.mupdf.viewer.app>
o Music Player
<com.simplemobiletools.musicplayer>
o My APKs
<com.frankygoes.myapks>
o My App List
<com.projectsexception.myapplist>
o My Apps
<com.spencerstudios.applist>
o My Contacts
<community.fairphone.mycontacts>
o My Notes
<com.aa.mynotes>
o Navigator
<com.mapfactor.navigator>
o NetShare
<kha.prog.mikrotik>
o NewPipe
<rg.schabi.newpipe>
o Next VPN
<net.nextvpn>
o Notes
<rg.secuso.privacyfriendlynotes>
o Notes
<com.simplemobiletools.notes.pro>
o Notes
<it.niedermann.owncloud.notes>
o Nova Launcher
<com.teslacoilsw.launcher>
o OI Shopping List
<rg.openintents.shopping>
o Open Camera
<net.sourceforge.opencamera>
o OpenTasks
<rg.dmfs.tasks>
o OpenTracks
<de.dennisguse.opentracks>
o OpenVPN for Android
<de.blinkt.openvpn>
o Opera
<com.opera.browser>
o Orbot
<rg.torproject.android>
o Organized Drawer
<se.brokenbrain.drawer>
o Orgzly
<com.orgzly>
o Orweb
<info.guardianproject.browser>
o OsmAnd~
<net.osmand.plus>
o OSMTracker for Android
<net.osmtracker>
o p!n
<de.nproth.pin>
o Pedometer
<rg.secuso.privacyfriendlyactivitytracker>
o Polarity
<pcr.browser.polarity>
o PotatoVPN
<com.potatovpn.free.proxy.wifi>
o Privacy Browser
<com.stoutner.privacybrowser.standard>
o Private Location
<com.wesaphzt.privatelocation>
o Pulse
<xyz.klinker.messenger>
o QR Code Reader
<me.scan.android.client>
o Recorder
<com.google.android.apps.recorder>
o Retro Text Editor
<click.dummer.textthing>
o S. Notes
<com.standardnotes>
o SatStat
<com.vonglasow.michael.satstat>
o Scarlet Notes FD
<com.bijoysingh.quicknote>
o ScreenCam
<com.orpheusdroid.screenrecorder>
o Sensors Sandbox
<com.mustafaali.sensorssandbox>
o Sheets
<com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets>
o ShoLi
<name.soulayrol.rhaa.sholi>
o Shopping List
<com.woefe.shoppinglist>
o Shopping List
<privacyfriendlyshoppinglist.secuso.org>
o Simple Explorer
<com.dnielfe.manager>
o Simple Keyboard
<rkr.simplekeyboard.inputmethod>
o Simple ToDo
<apps.jizzu.simpletodo>
o Simpler
<com.simpler.contacts>
o Simpletask
<nl.mpcjanssen.simpletask>
o Simply Do
<kdk.android.simplydo>
o Sketch a Track
<com.wolfgangknecht.sketchatrack>
o Sketches
<rg.secuso.privacyfriendlysketching>
o SkyTube
<free.rm.skytube.oss>
o Slides
<com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.slides>
o SNotepad
<info.aario.snotepad>
o Sound Recorder
<com.danielkim.soundrecorder>
o Star Chart
<com.escapistgames.starchart>
o Stopwatch
<com.kodarkooperativet.notificationstopwatch>
o SwiftKey Keyboard
<com.touchtype.swiftkey>
o Syncthing
<com.nutomic.syncthingandroid>
o Taskkeeper
<io.gitlab.allenb1.todolist>
o Tasks
<rg.tasks>
o TEdit
<com.atr.tedit>
o Terminal Emulator
<jackpal.androidterm>
o Termux
<com.termux>
o TextNow
<com.enflick.android.TextNow>
o To Do List
<com.android.todolist>
o To-Do List
<rg.secuso.privacyfriendlytodolist>
o Tor Browser
<rg.torproject.torbrowser>
o Tor Browser Alpha
<rg.torproject.torbrowser_alpha>
o Trekarta
<mobi.maptrek>
o Ultrasurf
<us.ultrasurf.mobile.ultrasurf>
o Unit Converter Ultimate
<com.physphil.android.unitconverterultimate>
o US Topo Maps
<com.atlogis.northamerica.free>
o Vivaldi
<com.vivaldi.browser>
o VLC
<rg.videolan.vlc>
o Voice
<com.google.android.apps.googlevoice>
o WebTube
<cz.martykan.webtube>
o WhatsDeleted
<com.gmail.anubhavdas54.whatsdeleted>
o Wi-Fi Reminders
<ru.glesik.wifireminders>
o Wifi Analyser
<com.keuwl.wifi>
o Wifi Analyzer
<com.farproc.wifi.analyzer>
o WiFi Analyzer
<abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro>
o WiFi Analyzer
<uk.co.soapysoft.wifianalyzer>
o WiFi Automatic
<de.j4velin.wifiAutoOff>
o WiFiAnalyzer
<com.vrem.wifianalyzer>
o WiGLE WiFi Wardriving FOSS
<net.wigle.wigleandroid>
o Yalp Store
<com.github.yeriomin.yalpstore>
o ZANavi
<com.zoffcc.applications.zanavi>

Jenny Telia

Jan 5, 2020, 11:53:30 AM1/5/20
On 05/01/2020 08:34, Arlen Holder wrote:
> What other _useful_ freeware is there to install on Android?
>
> I've come to the point, sadly, that I've pretty much installed everything I
> need or want to install on my phone.
>
> Certainly I enjoy very much testing useful software (emphasis on useful).
>
> However, there's nothing new, it seems, that I can find - that is useful.
> (Please see the list of currently installed software below.)

<a long list of useless apps deleted>

<sigh> The attention-seeking snowflake that is Arlen Holder is seeking
attention - again. Give it a break, honey and take up something useful,
like collecting belly-fluff. </sigh>

Arlen Holder

Jan 5, 2020, 3:08:12 PM1/5/20
The issue of what other apps are useful is a valid on-topic question.
o I've tested hundreds of freeware apps on Android in the past year.

The question at hand is a technical on-topic _adult_ question:
o Q: *What useful freeware Android utilities have I missed?*

To always strive to be a purposefully helpful adult, in the opening post, I
listed the suite of hundreds of freeware apps I've personally tested, where
the listing below breaks out some of the best freeware F-Droid APKs I've
personally found to be very useful (almost all of which are ad free also):
o APK Extractor (extracts APKs from installed apps)
o Amaze File Manager (file manager)
o AppOpsX (app permission front end)
o Arity (scientific calculator)
o Audio Recorder (record audio)
o Aurora Store (privacy based Google Play scraper)
o BARIA (app backup & restore)
o Call Recorder (automatically record phone calls)
o Community Compass (a basic compass)
o CPU Info (CPU/RAM/GPU/Storage/Screen/Sensor reports)
o DDG (privacy search engine)
o DNS66 (hosts domain blocker, non root)
o EDS Lite (truecrypt/veracrypt encryption containers)
o F-Droid (app repository)
o Firefox Klar (privacy based Firefox browser)
o FTP Server Free (FTP Server)
o GetBack GPS (find your way back to a saved location)
o Here GPS Location (simple app showing only current location)
o K-9 Mail (MUA, mail client, useful if you don't use GMail)
o MuPDF (pdf reader)
o NewPipe (YouTube on steroids)
o Open Camera (useful camera with lots of timer settings)
o Open Tracks (privacy based GPS tracker)
o Open VPN for Android (openvpn client)
o OSM Tracker (create GPX tracks)
o OSMAnd~ (OSMAnd+ Maps & navigation)
o Orbot (proxy for the official Tor Browser)
o Packages Info (get information on installed apps)
o Pedometer (Privacy friendly graphing pedometer)
o Privacy Browser (a privacy based web browser)
o Private Location (spoof your location)
o SatStat (reports sensor & location request information)
o ScreenCam (record screen)
o Sensors Sandbox (probe available sensors)
o Simple Calculator (KISS calculator)
o Simple Calendar (KISS offline non-cloud calendar)
o Simple Camera (KISS camera)
o Simple Draw (KISS drawing app)
o Simple Clock (KISS clock)
o Simple Contacts (KISS contact manager)
o Simple Explorer (KISS file explorer)
o Simple Gallery Pro (KISS photo manager)
o Simple Notes (KISS note editor)
o Simpletask Cloudless (offline non-cloud task list)
o Stopwatch (stopwatch built into the notification bar)
o Skytube (Youtube clone with features like blocking)
o Sound Recorder (record audio)
o Syncthing (sync to anywhere you like)
o Tasks (fork of Astrid)
o Tasks (task list)
o Terminal emulator for Android (terminal emulator)
o Termux (terminal emulator & Linux commands)
o Tor Browser (official tor browser)
o Tor Browser alpha (official Tor Browser)
o Units (unit converter)
o VLC (video & audio player)
o Webtube (lightweight youtube clone but without proprietary calls)
o WiFiAnalyzer (com.vrem.wifianalyzer)
o WiFi Reminders (SSID-based automatic reminder system)
o Yalp Store (Google Play scraper)

I've tested hundreds of freeware apps on Android in the past year.

The question at hand is a technical on-topic _adult_ question:
o Q: *What useful freeware Android utilities have I missed?*

Eli the Bearded

Jan 5, 2020, 3:17:13 PM1/5/20
In comp.mobile.android, Arlen Holder <arlen.geo...@is.invalid> wrote:
> What other _useful_ freeware is there to install on Android?

That depends on what you want to do.

> o *Sensors*
> <https://i.postimg.cc/MT5Nyqzt/12sensor.jpg>

I used Sensor Record for a while:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.martingolpashin.sensor_record&hl=en

"With Sensor Record you can easily track the sensor data of your
Smartphone in a high frequency and save it to your SD Card for
evaluation."

It produces CSV files of sensor data for analysis elsewhere. Eventually
I replaced that with Termux scripts that give me much finer control over
the sensors being recorded, the frequency, and the output format. (I
went with JSON.) I use the (non-free) Termux:Tasker and (non-free)
Tasker as part of the "frequency" control: it's my cron replacement.

Elijah
------
too many games, not enough utilities in the Play store

Arlen Holder

Jan 5, 2020, 10:55:59 PM1/5/20
On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 20:17:13 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded wrote:

> too many games, not enough utilities in the Play store

Agreed that utilities are where the power lies, e.g., I _love_ my APK
utilities <> which allow me to

> That depends on what you want to do.

Yes. Indeed. I do the basics like everyone...
o Phone & VOIP & SMS/MMS & (some) Email (but not much)
o Offline Contacts
o Offline Calendaring
o Offline Passwords
o Offline ToDo lists
o Offline Encrypted File Containers
etc.

To that end, I've scoured the "best apps" listings on the net, where out of
100 in the PC Magazine, about 90 to 95 are bullshit apps (where I already
have better apps that work better than what they advertise as best).

BTW, I basically do on my phone what all adults do, probably less than
most, and much more than many.

Where I do less is I don't play games; I don't do social media; I don't log
into _anything_ from my phone; and I only use the best of the best freeware
known to man (if possible).

Usually that means zero advertisements & great functionality, sans any need
ever for "the cloud" or "the net" or "an account", etc.

This is a great goal because it makes all my solutions general purpose
solutions which work for everyone else, since the requirements are low.
o It just has to be great software that does something useful
o Without costing anything or giving away your privacy

Where I do more is that I debug wifi and cellular signal; I map and track
and route off trail on USGS maps (OSM maps, unfortunately, suck compared to
the free USGS maps in the USA). I automatically back up all my APKs.

And everything has to work sans a Google Account and sans the Internet. The
_only_ thing that needs the Internet is traffic by the way, and if I want
to download a youtube video or check local gas prices on the fly.

Unfortunately, most VOIP apps do require an account, so that's one flaw in
my setup. Also I wipe out my phone about every three months to start fresh
(it used to be monthly, but now it's a few times a year) so data has to be
able to be stored where it belongs (e.g., on the sd card).

>> o *Sensors*
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/MT5Nyqzt/12sensor.jpg>
>
> I used Sensor Record for a while:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.martingolpashin.sensor_record&hl=en
> "With Sensor Record you can easily track the sensor data of your
> Smartphone in a high frequency and save it to your SD Card for
> evaluation."

Thanks for that "sensor record" link, which I've added to my "sensors"
folder.

It seems to create a date-stamped folder containing a bunch of real-time
list-based (comma separated value) files, such as:
o RotationVector.csv
o Proximity.csv
o Pressure.csv
o Light.csv
o Gyroscope.csv
o Gravity.csv
o GPS.csv
o Compass.csv
o AmbientTemperature.csv
o AccelerometerLinear.csv
o Accelerometer.csv

On my Moto G7, most of the files contained datestamps and then numbers
which merely counted up, but some seemed to be getting real-time sensor
data.

I can see this app data would be very useful if I had a post-processor that
"wanted" this kind of data; so thank you for the advice, which others can
benefit from also (which is the whole point).

Martyn Barclay

Jan 6, 2020, 10:14:26 AM1/6/20
This Holder moron does the same thing in Linux groups. Most have binned
s/h/it.

p-0''0-h the cat (coder)

Jan 6, 2020, 11:24:23 AM1/6/20
On Mon, 06 Jan 2020 15:14:24 +0000, Martyn Barclay <m...@dev.null> wrote:

>This Holder moron does the same thing in Linux groups. Most have binned
>s/h/it.

Bye bye bozo

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

punk ass dole whore troll, no nothing innumerate religious maniac,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2020, 11:33:51 PM1/6/20
On Mon, 06 Jan 2020 16:24:22 +0000, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

> Bye bye bozo

Hi Pooh,

You and I, independently, go way back (decades) on Usenet, where it's
probably that the sock childishly complaining about the thread (without
adding even a single bit of adult value), is the same sock (and set of
socks) that never add any adult value to any thread, and hence, is/are to
be ignored.

Moving forward by adding adult value, since the goal is always to further
our mutual freeware capabilities, I'll explain the APK folder (in the order
of the icons, which are always ordered in the manner in which I use them).

I started this summary in a prior post, but accidentally sent that post
without finishing; so here's what I had intended to post to help others
(since every thread should add value to our combined mutual knowledge).

This list of free APK utilities allow me (& us) to do the following:
<https://i.postimg.cc/4yF0SP79/13apk.jpg>

1. apps package info (free, no ads)
Lists every installed app by official unique name, version, activities,
services, receivers, providers, user permissions, permissions, features,
configurations, signatures, shared libs, manifest file, data received, data
transmitted, etc.

2. App Drawer (free, no ads)
It's a good "app drawer app" which has a nice search capability (e.g.,
it can save frequently used searches).

3. Organized Drawer (free, no ads)
It's a good "app drawer app" which has a nice organizational set of
features (e.g., you can set folders, number of rows & columns, hidden apps,
backup, restore, etc.

4. List My Apps (free, no ads)
Lists all installed apps (with a switch to include system apps) into any
number of formats, e.g., a text file or HTML or BBCode list, or Markdown
list, shares that file with any selected app, has nice selection features
(e.g., select by tag), where the app and unique name is saved to an
editable file on your file system.

5. My App List (free, no ads)
Lists all installed apps (with a switch to include system apps) into any
number of formats, e.g., text, html, BBCode list and automatically prepends
the Google Play URL so that you and others can simply click on the URL
(assumes everything comes from Google Play though, where many of my apps
come from F-Droid instead).

6. My Apps (free, no ads)
Lists all installed apps (with a switch to include system apps) into a
text file and can automatically prepend the Google Play URL. (KISS)

7. Baria (free, no ads)
Manually extract & restore already installed apps (with a switch to
include system apps), with a setting for the backup directory.

8. APK Extractor (free, no ads)
Manually extract already installed apps. (KISS)

9. My APKs (free, one ad)
More fully featured backup & restore & verification utility (with a
switch to include system apps), arbitrary backup directory, & reporting
features.

10. APK Export (free, no ads)
Manually extract already installed apps (with a switch to include
user, system, disabled, & updated apps). (KISS)

11. App Backup & Restore (free, no ads)
A must-have automatic (or manual) backup & restore utility (with a
switch to include system apps), with settings for including versions or
overriding them, max versions to keep, backup path, reminders for
duplicated apps, where you can auto backup specific apps if you like, with
tabs for apps installed versus archived, and the ability to transfer the
app between two phones using an ad hoc WiFi hotspot.

12. App Backup Lite (free, no ads)
A manual backup utility (with a tab for system apps), with the touch
options of running the app, backing it up, sharing the app, removing the
backup, uninstalling the app, checking for updates, & application info.

Notice that only one app has any ads, and even that ad is simply a page
that refers to the author's other programs, and hence is acceptable.
<https://i.postimg.cc/4yF0SP79/13apk.jpg>
--
Usenet is a public potluck where adults share items of mutual interest.

Arlen Holder

Feb 20, 2020, 10:18:48 AM2/20/20
On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 17:53:28 +0100, Jenny Telia wrote:

> The attention-seeking snowflake that is Arlen Holder is seeking
> attention - again. Give it a break, honey and take up something useful,
> like collecting belly-fluff.

Adults will note this "Jenny Telia" sock never adds on-topic technical
value to _any_ thread, and, in fact, always posts off-topic child-like ad
homimen attacks & is often associated with these known worthless trolls:
o Shadow <S...@dow.br>
o "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" <super...@fluffyunderbelly.invalid>

However, most recently directly associated with the Dan Purgert troll.
o Save your old freeware Epic privacy browser Windows installer as the new ones changed how they did VPN
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.comp.freeware/7FwuZz7WNSk/oMsTMnNtGgAJ>

Here's just one of the many similar responses by this "Jenny Telia" sock:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.comp.freeware/OpdPbjrbZM0/BIcP7Ny1CAAJ>
"The attention-seeking snowflake that is Arlen Holder is seeking
attention - again. Give it a break, honey and take up something useful,
like collecting belly-fluff."

This Jenny Telia sock is most often associated with Pooh & Shadow
(mostly on the freeware group) where their worthless posts track.

--
Two types of people are on Usenet: those who add value & those who can't.