Re "! Authentication Error /n Google Talk failed to login."

tlvp

Jun 23, 2015, 8:47:33 PM6/23/15
A report that may, I hope help someone else here with the Subject problem.

Recently I started seeing error messages each time my Android 2.3.5 Moto
Droid X2 would start up, and also sporadically thereafter:

: ! Authentication Error
:
: Google Talk failed to login. If this
: is a Google Apps account, confirm
: that Chat service is enabled for
: this account.
:
: [Retry] [Cancel]

Googling for solutions, I came upon several threads proposing as follows:

| Go to Settings.
| Open Applications.
| Open Manage Applications.
| Select All Application.
| Search for Google Play
| and open it.
| Select Clear Data
| and go back to All Applications.
| Search for Google Services Framework
| and open it.
| Select Clear Data.
| Reboot your Phone.
| You are done.

Or, again, as follows:

| Go to
| settings-applications-manage applications and
| scroll down to market and clear data
| then scroll down to google services
| framework
| and clear data then reboot
| you're phone
| and that's it.

Alas, no joy. I finally recalled that I had lately changed a fundamental
Data Setting on that handset, to wit, what you can [en | dis]-able at

: Settings > Battery & data manager > Data delivery > Background data .

I had enabled it (I no longer remember what problem enabling that had been
the proposed solution to).

Once I disabled that, Presto! -- those notifications ceased.

Re-enabled, notifications returned; re-disabled again, stopped again.

So I've left that setting disabled for now.

Now: can anyone tell me what Google Talk, Chat, and/or Google Apps would
get me, anyway? Thanks. Cheers, -- tlvp

J0HNS0N

Jun 24, 2015, 10:51:13 AM6/24/15
tlvp <mPiOsUcB...@att.net> wrote:

>can anyone tell me what Google Talk, Chat, and/or Google Apps would
>get me, anyway? Thanks. Cheers, -- tlvp

Dunno about those but I disable (Settings>Apps>All Apps>Disable) all
the Google stuff I don't use. Surprisingly my phone lets me. YMMV.

tlvp

Jun 24, 2015, 10:24:42 PM6/24/15
Hmm ... Google stuff? I've got Gmail, Google Backup Transport, Google
Calendar Sync, Google Contacts Sync, Google Partner Setup, Google Search,
Google Services framework. Probably Market, Market Feedback Agent, and
Market Updater also count among the "Google stuff"?

Which (if any) of those should I imagine "I don't use"?

auraan...@gmail.com

May 2, 2016, 1:10:06 AM5/2/16

jaan1.g...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2016, 1:05:22 AM7/6/16
Hello
How to start my google chat aacount login. And How to download goole playstore app
Message has been deleted

Nil

Dec 14, 2016, 5:38:23 PM12/14/16
On 12 Dec 2016, rayana...@gmail.com wrote in comp.mobile.android:

> cara mengaktipkan facebok saya.yang hilang

Rama Lama Ding Dong.