NNTP client for Android phones ( 880x480 )

1 view

Poutnik

Mar 30, 2014, 2:56:02 AM3/30/14

I am rather new to Android,
but long term user of NNTP client Gravity under Windows.

After few Google play reviews and trials I decided
to use GroundHog client on Sony XPERIA M Dual / A 4.2.2 .

I would like to know fromuser experience
if another text NNTP client is worthy to try..

I like Groundhog, but there are 2 things
that I am less than pleased with.

1) Unability of folding of quoted text

It would not be big deal if users applied reasonable quoting.
But many users quote often near all thread history.
I have to scroll a lot.

2) Not well implementing thread grouping

Banning ( ignoring ) of threads is often rather challange,
as some seem for client to be separated to many different threads.
More unwanted threads uusually means also the most stubborn thread
to be banned in the whole.

--
Poutnik

Poutnik

Mar 30, 2014, 3:56:02 AM3/30/14

Poutnik posted Sun, 30 Mar 2014 08:56:02 +0200

> I am rather new to Android,
> but long term user of NNTP client Gravity under Windows.
>
> After few Google play reviews and trials I decided
> to use GroundHog client on Sony XPERIA M Dual / A 4.2.2 .
>
> I would like to know fromuser experience
> if another text NNTP client is worthy to try..
>
> I like Groundhog, but there are 2 things
> that I am less than pleased with.

NZB Leach looked promising,
but I am not able to set it as classical text Usenet client..

--
Poutnik

There is a good reason, why writers/directors do not repeat
all previous pages/episodes at the start of current one.