Reader for Newgroups

1 view

Keith Nuttle

Dec 24, 2014, 4:24:31 PM12/24/14
I am looking for an android cell phone. One of the projected uses is
reading my favorite newsgroup. I currently use aioe.org as a newsgroup
feed.

Are there programs that will allow me to see the newsgroups on an
android cell phone>

Jim S

Dec 24, 2014, 7:25:09 PM12/24/14
I prefer Groundhog. Go to Play Store and search Usenet.
--
Jim S

Ralph Fox

Dec 24, 2014, 10:28:11 PM12/24/14
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 16:24:27 -0500, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I am currently using "NewsGroup Reader" (on an Android tablet).

This is the NewsGroup Reader page on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.newsgroup

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Geordie

Dec 25, 2014, 2:36:30 AM12/25/14
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 16:24:27 -0500, Keith Nuttle
As well as the two already mentioned, there is also PhoNews
--
Geordie
Lord bless Thy chosen in this place, For here thou has a chosen race

Nil

Dec 25, 2014, 6:49:13 PM12/25/14
On 24 Dec 2014, Keith Nuttle <Keith_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
comp.mobile.android:
No good ones, it seems. I've been trying to use "Newsgroups Reader",
which seems to have the best reputation. However, it's buggy (crashes
occasionally, doesn't sort or display articles according to its
settings.) I checked at the author's web page and he hasn't announced
the latest version there even though it's been available at Google Play
Store for weeks, there is incomplete and wrong documentation, and he
never answers the questions posted there. It's all very disappointing.

XS11E

Dec 26, 2014, 12:05:30 PM12/26/14
Nil <redn...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

> On 24 Dec 2014, Keith Nuttle <Keith_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
> comp.mobile.android:
>
>> I am looking for an android cell phone. One of the projected
>> uses is reading my favorite newsgroup. I currently use aioe.org
>> as a newsgroup feed.
>>
>> Are there programs that will allow me to see the newsgroups on an
>> android cell phone>
>
> No good ones, it seems.

I have to agree, I finally decided I need the PC to read newsgroups, my
cell phone does email (badly, there seem to be no android email clients
that I really like) but the best newsreader I've found, after trying
most of those available, is not even usable IMHO.

As always, YMMV.

The Usenet Improvement Project: