usenet (newsgroups) client

Pinnerite

Oct 15, 2013, 11:05:59 AM10/15/13
I cannot get any of the Android usenet clients that I have tried to work on
my Galaxy S3 (Jelly Bean). Can any subscriber to this group recommend a
reliable one?
TIA

Taf®

Oct 15, 2013, 11:09:50 AM10/15/13
My personal suggestion:
first of all you can Try
*NewsGroup Reader*
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.newsgroup

...then if you are satisfied you can buy the payware version
*Usenet NewsReader*
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.NewsReader
a bit expensive, but really smart and powerful.

Please note:
I'm not in business with Piao Hong, but I started to use it during
first free beta testing of payware version and I followed all the "work
in progress" enhancements.

--
ByE bYe By Taf® - WinPenPack Team Member - _PORTABLE_ OPEN SOURCE
PROGRAMS - http://www.winpenpack.com/en/news.php

Leviatan

Oct 15, 2013, 12:01:06 PM10/15/13
Pinnerite, pensando en voz alta, dice:
Take a look also to GroundHog news reader

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almarsoft.GroundhogReader&hl=es

--
Un saludo,
Alberto

Guy On The Internet@internet.com Some Guy On The Internet

Oct 15, 2013, 12:40:00 PM10/15/13
It would be helpful if you told us which readers you've tried.

Taf®

Oct 15, 2013, 1:14:43 PM10/15/13
On 15/10/2013 18:40:00... Some Guy On The Internet
SNIP
> It would be helpful if you told us which readers you've tried.

Right! ;)

Pinnerite

Oct 16, 2013, 2:47:30 AM10/16/13
NZB Air, NewsGroups and Use Net

None of them will respond to the newsgroup that I access most often.
NewsGroups always responds with 'the server may be down' for example.
The setups are poor. For example if a 'Test' fails. The wholw screen blanks
and one has to restart the wholw process. Naff!

pinnerite

Oct 16, 2013, 2:42:22 PM10/16/13
On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:01:06 +0200, Leviatan
<alberto....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Take a look also to GroundHog news reader

I did, it works and I am grateful.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Regards, Alan

[ b a z ]

Oct 17, 2013, 8:12:05 AM10/17/13
Taf® scriveva il 15/10/2013 :
> On 15/10/2013 17:05:59... Pinnerite (pinn...@asandco.co.uk) wrote :
>> I cannot get any of the Android usenet clients that I have tried to work on
>> my Galaxy S3 (Jelly Bean). Can any subscriber to this group recommend a
>> reliable one?
>> TIA
> My personal suggestion:
> first of all you can Try
> *NewsGroup Reader*
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.newsgroup

IMHO the best (and only full working Newsreader)

--
[ b a z ]
"Scettico io? Ne dubito!"

Taf®

Oct 17, 2013, 10:10:31 AM10/17/13
On 17/10/2013 14:12:05... [ b a z ] (bazzyM...@email.it) wrote :
SNIP
> IMHO the best (and only full working Newsreader)

Hi [ b a z ]! :-) Welcome here! :D

[ b a z ]

Oct 17, 2013, 10:20:59 AM10/17/13
Il 17/10/2013, Taf® ha detto :
> On 17/10/2013 14:12:05... [ b a z ] (bazzyM...@email.it) wrote :
> SNIP
>> IMHO the best (and only full working Newsreader)
>
> Hi [ b a z ]! :-) Welcome here! :D

:)

mi hai riconosciuto dal mio inglese maccheronico! confessa!!! ;)

Taf®

Oct 17, 2013, 11:12:33 AM10/17/13
On 17/10/2013 16:20:59... [ b a z ] (bazzyM...@email.it) wrote :
SNIP
> mi hai riconosciuto dal mio inglese maccheronico! confessa!!! ;)

Già! lol :D

[ b a z ]

Oct 17, 2013, 11:47:00 AM10/17/13