Record snoring

Dex

Aug 28, 2020, 12:43:12 AM8/28/20
Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
as Android but it drains the battery.

VanguardLH

Aug 28, 2020, 1:17:08 AM8/28/20
Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:

> Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
> as Android but it drains the battery.

I found https://www.snorelab.com/; however, seems any app listening to
the mic all the time would have to keep the phone from sleeping.

Why can't you keep the phone plugged into the charger during the night?
https://www.snorelab.com/faqs/ shows positioning the phone on a
nightstand and plugged in.

https://snoringmouthpiecereview.com/articles/snoring-apps

That suggests some snoring apps. It also suggests "When using a snoring
app, you should plug it into a power source, recording all night could
drain your battery before the recording as finished."

How are you charging your phone's battery that cannot be done while you
are sleeping?

Dex

Aug 28, 2020, 2:11:52 AM8/28/20
On 28/08/2020 06:17, VanguardLH wrote:
> Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:
>
>> Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
>> as Android but it drains the battery.
>
> I found https://www.snorelab.com/; however, seems any app listening to
> the mic all the time would have to keep the phone from sleeping.
>
> Why can't you keep the phone plugged into the charger during the night?
> https://www.snorelab.com/faqs/ shows positioning the phone on a
> nightstand and plugged in.

With Sleep as Android the phone was warm all the time at night
unplugged, dread to think what temperature it'll reach plugged in.

> https://snoringmouthpiecereview.com/articles/snoring-apps
>
> That suggests some snoring apps. It also suggests "When using a snoring
> app, you should plug it into a power source, recording all night could
> drain your battery before the recording as finished."
>
> How are you charging your phone's battery that cannot be done while you
> are sleeping?

I sleep lying on my side and change at random during the night, easily
move the phone while half asleep, not so with a cable attached.

Andy Burns

Aug 28, 2020, 2:35:43 AM8/28/20
Dex wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> How are you charging your phone's battery that cannot be done while you
>> are sleeping?
>
> I sleep lying on my side and change at random during the night, easily
> move the phone while half asleep, not so with a cable attached.

You have your phone and charging lead *in* bed? Why not on a bedside table?

The Real Bev

Aug 28, 2020, 2:42:09 AM8/28/20
"Do I Snore or Grind" by Sleep.ai. I leave it plugged in all night. It
works fine during the winter, but all it hears during the summer is the
fan in the window. I can't tell whether it's me or my husband, but it
picks up both of us :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
Segal's Law: A man with one watch knows the time.

Dex

Aug 28, 2020, 2:45:49 AM8/28/20
No. I don't charge it at night and don't have a nightstand.

VanguardLH

Aug 28, 2020, 3:15:25 AM8/28/20
Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:

> With Sleep as Android the phone was warm all the time at night
> unplugged, dread to think what temperature it'll reach plugged in.

How old is the battery in the phone? Is it a replaceable battery?

The app will draw the same amount of power whether on battery or
charger. Go into the settings to look at Battery to see which apps suck
up the most power. Might not be the snoring app.

> I sleep lying on my side and change at random during the night, easily
> move the phone while half asleep, not so with a cable attached.

Put a short table next to the bed. If you don't have one, use a folding
chair. You can use self-stick velcro strips to keep the phone on the
table or chair. If you have a headboard, velcro the phone there. Don't
put the phone on the bed. Your tribulations are easily surmountable.

The Real Bev

Aug 28, 2020, 3:17:55 AM8/28/20
On 08/27/2020 11:45 PM, Dex wrote:

> No. I don't charge it at night and don't have a nightstand.

Hang it from the headboard. Stick-on wall hook. Force a cup or glass
between the mattress and the wall and put it in there. Try just putting
it on the floor.

--
Cheers, Bev
Vampireware; n, a project capable of sucking the lifeblood

Dex

Aug 28, 2020, 4:08:39 AM8/28/20
On 28/08/2020 08:15, VanguardLH wrote:
> Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:
>
>> With Sleep as Android the phone was warm all the time at night
>> unplugged, dread to think what temperature it'll reach plugged in.
>
> How old is the battery in the phone? Is it a replaceable battery?

3 years and no.

> The app will draw the same amount of power whether on battery or
> charger. Go into the settings to look at Battery to see which apps suck
> up the most power.

The charger will be charging up the battery as well as powering the app
that causes the heating. A app that is monitoring the mic and recording
to the internal storage shouldn't be drawing similar power as playing a
game or watching a HD movie with the screen on full brightness.

> Might not be the snoring app.

It was.

>> I sleep lying on my side and change at random during the night, easily
>> move the phone while half asleep, not so with a cable attached.
>
> Put a short table next to the bed. If you don't have one, use a folding
> chair. You can use self-stick velcro strips to keep the phone on the
> table or chair. If you have a headboard, velcro the phone there. Don't
> put the phone on the bed. Your tribulations are easily surmountable.

Thanks for the links, I'll give them a try. But I wont charge it at
night. End of.

NY

Aug 28, 2020, 8:28:14 AM8/28/20
"Dex" <i...@out.me.com> wrote in message news:riae22$fup$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
> Thanks for the links, I'll give them a try. But I wont charge it at night.
> End of.

If the app uses a lot of power, prepare to wake up to a flat (or very low)
phone battery, and then to have to find time during the day when you can
charge it.

Is it safety that prevents you charging the phone during the only time it
will be guaranteed to be in one place - overnight? During the day you may be
moving about, even if you leave it on a desk to charge, and so there is the
risk (if your memory is anything like mine) of forgetting to pick it up
again if you go out or need it when you are away from wherever you charge
it.

I usually charge my phone in the late evening, between going to bed
(initially to read) and going to sleep. I then put it in the pocket of the
trousers I'll be wearing the following day so I know I'll have it with me.
If it's not charged by the time I go to sleep, I leave it out in the open
(on my bedside table) so that if it gets warm at least it's not insulated by
being in my pocket; I then put it in the trouser pocket if I wake up during
the night to go for a wee.

Carlos E.R.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:04:06 AM8/28/20
On 28/08/2020 08.11, Dex wrote:
> On 28/08/2020 06:17, VanguardLH wrote:
>> Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
>>> as Android but it drains the battery.
>>
>> I found https://www.snorelab.com/; however, seems any app listening to
>> the mic all the time would have to keep the phone from sleeping.
>>
>> Why can't you keep the phone plugged into the charger during the night?
>> https://www.snorelab.com/faqs/ shows positioning the phone on a
>> nightstand and plugged in.
>>

> With Sleep as Android the phone was warm all the time at night
> unplugged, dread to think what temperature it'll reach plugged in.

Not an issue here.

Actually, it is the same temp, unless you have a leaking battery.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Carlos E.R.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:04:06 AM8/28/20
On 28/08/2020 06.43, Dex wrote:
> Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
> as Android but it drains the battery.

Just connect it to the (slow) charger and go to sleep.
However, it is free only for a limited time, then you have to pay.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

123456789

Aug 28, 2020, 11:50:12 AM8/28/20
Dex wrote:

> I wont charge it [phone] at night. End of.

How about using a dedicated Android tablet
just for this one purpose? Some are very cheap
these days. I'm posting using a 7 incher I
got at Best Buy for $29 US (pre-virus)...

Frank Slootweg

Aug 28, 2020, 12:02:08 PM8/28/20
Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:
> On 28/08/2020 06:17, VanguardLH wrote:
> > Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
> >> as Android but it drains the battery.
> >
> > I found https://www.snorelab.com/; however, seems any app listening to
> > the mic all the time would have to keep the phone from sleeping.
> >
> > Why can't you keep the phone plugged into the charger during the night?
> > https://www.snorelab.com/faqs/ shows positioning the phone on a
> > nightstand and plugged in.
>
> With Sleep as Android the phone was warm all the time at night
> unplugged, dread to think what temperature it'll reach plugged in.

If the phone is/was warm, something must be wrong. I use(d) Sleep as
Android (with snoring detection, recording, etc.) on a charger and the
phone was never warm.

As others said, find the *cause* for the phone getting warm (and stop
rejecting all suggestions). Possible causes as mentioned: CPU-using
apps, bad battery, bad charger, etc..

> > https://snoringmouthpiecereview.com/articles/snoring-apps
> >
> > That suggests some snoring apps. It also suggests "When using a snoring
> > app, you should plug it into a power source, recording all night could
> > drain your battery before the recording as finished."
> >
> > How are you charging your phone's battery that cannot be done while you
> > are sleeping?
>
> I sleep lying on my side and change at random during the night, easily
> move the phone while half asleep, not so with a cable attached.

Simple: Put the phone where it should be - next to your pillow - and
don't touch it, but (try to) sleep.

Theo

Aug 28, 2020, 12:30:19 PM8/28/20
Dex <i...@out.me.com> wrote:
> Any free Android apps that record sleep talking or snoring? Tried Sleep
> as Android but it drains the battery.

Voice Recorder, or whatever your default audio recording app is.

Just leave your phone plugged in, record the whole night and then look at
the waveform - easy to pick out the noisy bits.

Theo

Carlos E.R.

Aug 28, 2020, 5:08:06 PM8/28/20
Sleep as an Android recommends setting the phone on the bed, because it
registers vibrations with its location accelerometers, and thus
estimates the quality of your sleep.

Not a problem for me.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Piet

Aug 28, 2020, 8:17:56 PM8/28/20
Carlos E.R. wrote:
> Sleep as an Android recommends setting the phone on the bed, because
> it registers vibrations with its location accelerometers, and thus
> estimates the quality of your sleep.

So it could be used too to measure the quality of your sex life. ;-)

-p

Carlos E.R.

Aug 29, 2020, 6:04:07 AM8/29/20
If you change the logiciel, yes. As it is, no.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Arlen Holder

Aug 29, 2020, 8:25:09 PM8/29/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 15:00:07 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

> Just connect it to the (slow) charger and go to sleep.
> However, it is free only for a limited time, then you have to pay.

Dunno anything about snoring apps, but I googled for the OP...

o Snoring Apps to Help You Monitor Your Snoring
<https://www.sleepassociation.org/sleep-disorders/snoring/snoring-apps/>
1. Snore Lab
2. SnoreClock

o The Best Apps for People Who Snore
<https://snorefocus.com/snore/the-best-apps-for-people-who-snore>
1. Snore Lab
2. Quit Snoring
3. Prime Sleep Recorder
4. Sleep Tracker 24/7

o Three Popular Snore Apps that Work
<https://snorenation.com/snoring-apps/>
1. Snorelab
2. Quit Snoring
3. Sleeptracker 24/7

o Best Snoring Apps of 2020
<https://www.flybynight.org/best-snoring-apps/>
1. SnoreLab
2. SnoreControl
3. SnoreClock

o 5 Best Snoring Apps for Android and iOS 2020
<https://oscarmini.com/best-snoring-apps/>
1. SnoreLab
2. Prime Sleep Recorder
3. Sleeptracker 24/7
4. Quit Snoring
5. SnoreClock

o 5 Good Anti Snoring Apps for Android
<https://tectogizmo.com/anti-snoring-apps-android/>
1. Anti Snoring ĄV by Kami Inc.
2. Anti Snore Solution ĄV by Ten Minds Co.
3. Anti-Snoring ĄV by Slyge
4. SnoreLab: Record Your Snoring
5. SnorEraser ĄV by AudEscapes, Inc.
--
As someone already noted, see also:
o What Matters In A Snoring App?

Arlen Holder

Aug 29, 2020, 8:25:10 PM8/29/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 00:17:54 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

> Hang it from the headboard. Stick-on wall hook. Force a cup or glass
> between the mattress and the wall and put it in there. Try just putting
> it on the floor.

While, at times, for whatever reason, my Samsung Galaxy S3 used to get
burning hot, most phones, I would think, are _designed_ be charged and used
simultaneously, aren't they?

Has the OP clarified which Android phone he is asking us about?

Dex

Aug 30, 2020, 5:26:55 AM8/30/20
Been trying Snorelabs. Pretty good so far, phone cold and only a ~5%
drop in battery life overnight.

No idea why SAA was drawing so much current, some other app or something
in the MIUI OS it didn't agree with.

The Real Bev

Aug 30, 2020, 12:00:40 PM8/30/20
On 08/30/2020 02:26 AM, Dex wrote:
> On 28/08/2020 22:06, Carlos E.R. wrote:

>>> You have your phone and charging lead *in* bed? Why not on a bedside
>>> table?
>>
>> Sleep as an Android recommends setting the phone on the bed, because it
>> registers vibrations with its location accelerometers, and thus
>> estimates the quality of your sleep.
>>
>> Not a problem for me.
>
> Been trying Snorelabs. Pretty good so far, phone cold and only a ~5%
> drop in battery life overnight.

I used that for a while, but then it only let me use it every other
night and then not at all without paying. It started working again on
the new phone. The curious thing is that while it shows sound for the
whole night it only has recordings for the first part.

> No idea why SAA was drawing so much current, some other app or something
> in the MIUI OS it didn't agree with.

--
Cheers, Bev
"John Wayne toilet paper -- It's rough, it's tough,
and it don't take no crap from nobody."