voice type off the internet?

Feb 12, 2020, 3:58:18 PM2/12/20
Hi All,

I got a question from a customer that
seems a bit insurmountable.

He wants to write books in a location without
Internet access and be able to use voice type
dictation. And needs a long battery life.

Is there a word processor out there on Android yet
that will do all this?

And goes not Google voice type dictation require
an internet connection?

Many thanks,
-T

Feb 12, 2020, 4:04:20 PM2/12/20
On 2020-02-12 12:58, T wrote:
> And goes not
And does not

Stinkin' typos

Andy Burns

Feb 12, 2020, 4:26:24 PM2/12/20
T wrote:

> Is there a word processor out there on Android yet
> that will do all this?

wordprocessor, dunno.

> And goes not Google voice type dictation require
> an internet connection?

certainly Gboard can download the dictionary/whatever to allow offline
dictation, but I think it's restricted to Pixel devices only ...

Mark Blain

Feb 12, 2020, 7:10:45 PM2/12/20
T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:r21ot8$63k$1...@dont-email.me:
These instructions to choose settings and download the proper langauge
for offline voice typing should help.
<https://mobileinternist.com/fix-google-voice-typing-not-working-on-
android>
Voice typing SHOULD then work offline in any app that uses the
keyboard.

If you still have trouble, here's one more tip: I've had poor results
getting offline voice typing to work reliably on newer Android
versions. My current workaround is to keep Gboard installed just to
provide the voice typing service, but set my default keyboard to
Samsung's.

Arlen Holder

Feb 12, 2020, 8:29:39 PM2/12/20
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 21:26:22 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

> certainly Gboard can download the dictionary/whatever to allow offline
> dictation, but I think it's restricted to Pixel devices only ...

I searched for offline speech to text on this vast public searchable site:
<http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-android>

Which found, among others, this which may be of use to many:
o *Offline speech-to-text recorder/transcription* unofficial Google Recorder APK port now available for many Android phones
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/_Amn35T16NA/dsNJ5KoUCAAJ>
--
When Usenet works, adults team up to combine useful nuggets of added value.