Re: Name a single iOS app functionality that you can get for a buck, that isn't already on Android, for free

Arlen Holder

Jan 9, 2020, 11:33:13 PM1/9/20
On 10 Jan 2020 00:02:10 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> On 2020-01-09, Arlen Holder <arlen.geo...@is.invalid> wrote:
>> UPDATE:
>>
>> Here is a _great_ example of the price difference between Android and
>> iOS utilities, where this is brand new functionality on both
>> platforms, such that there is only a _single_ app on each platform
>> (AFAIK) that does the job.
>
> Wrong, as usual.
>
>> Regarding this offline transcription of speech to text functionality:
>>
>> For those who own multiple iOS devices, as I do, the good news is that
>> Apple recently added a new public API in iOS 13.2 (apparently), which
>> developers recently took advantage of, which allows for similar
>> functionality (slightly reduced) for offline recording transcription:
>> o New Dictation app brings advanced offline transcription capabilities
>> to iPhone and iPad
>
> What dipshit "Arlen" doesn't realize is that new API is for
> *third-party* *apps*, and iOS has had built-in offline dictation since
> iOS *9*, as anyone who knows anything at all about iOS knows from direct
> first-hand experience:
>
> <https://jmp.sh/hssd7Bf>
>
>> As with Android, there is only _one_ known app to date that has this
>> functionality.
>
> Pity. It's been available on iOS with no app required since iOS 9.
> Better late than never, though! : D
>
>> That app is also available for the Mac, which is kind of nice.
>
> What dipshit "Arlen" doesn't realize is that Macs have also had offline
> dictation for ages - since macOS 10.9 Mavericks (we're at macOS 10.15
> Catalina now, ffor anyone keeping track):
>
> <http://osxdaily.com/2013/11/02/improve-dictation-offline-mac-os-x/>
>
>> o Name a single iOS app functionality that you can get for a buck,
>> that isn't already on Android, for free
>
> LOL! The "Great Arlen Holder", everyone! : D

Clearly Jolly Roger tried to bullshit us; but that's not the point of this post.
o *This post is made to explain the underlying nature of Apple Apologists*.

I _love_ when Jolly Roger posts because he's the canonical Apple apologist!
o All I need to do is point to EXACTLY what Jolly Roger posts, for proof!

*There's good reason apologists gravitate to marketing of imaginary functionality.*
o *Jolly Roger exemplifies apologists' immunity to facts quite well in his post*

Like most Apple apologists...
a. He always proves to be utterly _immune_ to facts.
b. When confronted with facts he doesn't like, he brazenly denies them;
c. When confronted with his brazen denials, he turns into instant child;
d. That child is filled to the brim with fifth-grade vitriolic hatred.

Yet again, in the post I'm responding to, the canonical Apologist Jolly
Roger tried to bullshit the adults, where proof of his bullshit is here:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/ZfT4EkYIidE/-ZLkBO7VDgAJ>

Specifically these two screenshots I just took from my own iOS 11.2.6 iPad:
<https://i.postimg.cc/pXrh2gyP/dictation01.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sxzn9CW5/dictation02.jpg>

Notice that the capability comes & goes, where, as far as is explained on
the net, the functionality is unsupported (it even apparently came and went
within iOS 9 alone, and then came back in iOS 10, based on the reports):
o Apple has quietly re-enabled offline dictation in iOS 10
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/55h9z8/apple_has_quietly_reenabled_offline_dictation_in/>
"With no announcement, iOS 9 started giving the option of allowing
dictation with no internet connection. (Not Siri, just speech-> text). Then
later iOS 9 releases disabled the feature. It's now back on in iOS 10.
<http://i.imgur.com/7mWmVbH.png>
previously : YSK: Offline dictation was never officially supported,
and has been removed
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/4syw10/ysk_offline_dictation_was_never_officially/>
"

I only tested on one of my iPads (iOS 11.2.6), where the instant I see any
screenshot from the apologists devoid of cites from whence it came, that's
a dead ringer which indicates they're in their Apple Apologists' bullshit
mode.

Given Jolly Roger is the canonical Apple Apologist, those of us who are
wise should take this post from Jolly Roger as a perfect example of what an
Apple Apologist truly is.

--
There's good _reason_ apologists gravitate to imaginary functionality.
o Jolly Roger exemplifies that immunity to facts quite well in his post

nospam

Jan 9, 2020, 11:58:31 PM1/9/20
In article <qv8uq9$suq$1...@news.mixmin.net>, Arlen Holder
<arlen.geo...@is.invalid> wrote:

> Clearly I tried to bullshit everyone; which is the point of these
> posts.

ftfy

Arlen Holder

Jan 10, 2020, 11:40:03 AM1/10/20
Apologists only have 7 responses to fact they don't like
o None of them adult.
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/0em2ljU_IpQ/nVx1uettCAAJ>

Ignoring that apologists turn into instant children whenever confronted
with the fact that iOS is primitive compared to Android in functionality,
_adults_ will note that even Alan Baker was correct when he admonished
Jolly Roger the unsupported/supported on-off-on-off offline dictation of
Apple iOS keyboards does _not_ save the audio and transcribe it (AFAICT).

I repeat:
o Not only is Jolly Roger's claim bullshit, but it doesn't even work.

It's nothing more than a microphone like we have on all our keyboards that
does _not_ save the audio file that is being transcribed (AFAICT).

Actually, that's not totally true since _adults_ will notice that Apple has
full access to what you wrote, and Apple clearly says they do in my iOS
11.2.6 iPad GUI:
"Enable Dictation?
Dictation sends information like your voice input, contacts,
and location to Apple to process your requests."
<https://i.postimg.cc/pXrh2gyP/dictation01.jpg>

In summary, yet again, the Apple apologists tried to bullshit us.
Why?

I don't know why.
o I think it's a combination that apologists literally hate facts, and,
o I think they're not used to dealing with adults who comprehend facts.
--
I suspect apologists' belief systems gravitate to imaginary marketing
messaging because their brains are _immune_ to facts in the first place.