Re: Good news, the offline speech-to-text dictation app is available for the Mac

Arlen Holder

Jan 9, 2020, 11:06:42 PM1/9/20
On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 16:19:09 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> To be fair to Liar, the clueless dipshit troll (LTCDT?), he has been
> talking about the transcription of previously recorded audio, and while
> I've no doubt that the offline capabilities that work while doing direct
> dictation could be used with audio files, I don't think there's actually
> an interface that would allow you to do it.

I _love_ when Jolly Roger posts!
o He always proves to be the canonical quintessential Apple apologist!

*Apologists like Jolly Roger clearly aren't used to dealing with adults*.
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/4syw10/ysk_offline_dictation_was_never_officially/>

Apologists like JR only have 7 responses to fact - none of them adult.
o As usual, Jolly Roger is playing his typical silly apologist games.
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7900866>

The apologists aren't used to people actually checking on facts.
o The clue is the apologists don't show screenshots from _their_ device!

In addition, the other clue is that apologists are so used to believing
unsupported bullshit (e.g., marketing messages), that another tell-tale
clue is apologists refuse to cite _where_ they found the ancient
screenshot.

Apologists don't show screenshots from _their_ device because they can't in
most cases (JR and nospam play this silly childish game all the time, most
often showing functionality that long ago ceased to exist).

Jolly Roger's exact screenshot can be seen in this ancient article:
o Quick Tip: Offline Dictation with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
o By Bryan Chaffin Jan 29th, 2016
<https://jumpshare.com/v/i1CgoArCFNm8ZrjMuq37>
"To do dictation offline, all you have to do is enable dictation as a
whole on your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, which you can do in System
Preferences -> General -> Keyboard. As shown in the screenshot below, "You
can use dictation even when you aren't connected to the Internet."
*If you check on other devices, you won't find that note*."
<https://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/ios9-keyboard-preferences-screenshot.jpg>

I only had to check one of my iPads (iOS 11.2.6), where these are the kind
of screenshots on their own iOS device the apologists never seem to come up
with when they spout their apologists' bullshit:
o *Settings > General > Keyboard > Enable Dictation*

Notice this quote in my iOS 11.2.6 screenshot below:
"Enable Dictation?
Dictation sends information like your voice input, contacts,
and location to Apple to process your requests."
<https://i.postimg.cc/pXrh2gyP/dictation01.jpg>

And notice this excerpt in my iOS 11.2.6 screenshot below:
"When you use Siri and Dictation the things you say will be recorded
and sent to Apple to process your requests. Your device will also
send Apple other information, such as your name and nickname;
the names, nicknames, and relationship with you (e.g., "my dad")
of your contacts..."
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sxzn9CW5/dictation02.jpg>

It seems until recently, offline dication was "never really supported", and
hence, offline dictation comes and goes based on the information here:
o Apple has quietly re-enabled offline dictation in iOS 10
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/55h9z8/apple_has_quietly_reenabled_offline_dictation_in/>
"With no announcement, iOS 9 started giving the option of allowing
dictation with no internet connection. (Not Siri, just speech-> text). Then
later iOS 9 releases disabled the feature. It's now back on in iOS 10.
<http://i.imgur.com/7mWmVbH.png>
previously : YSK: Offline dictation was never officially supported,
and has been removed
<https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/4syw10/ysk_offline_dictation_was_never_officially/>
"

I only tested on one of my iPads, where the instant I see any screenshot
from the apologists devoid of cites from whence it came, that's a dead
ringer which indicates they're in their Apple Apologists' bullshit mode.

Jolly Roger, nospam, and other apologists pull this stunt all the time.
o I'm sure this childish stunt works on most Apple users on this newsgroup

Simply because the apologists themselves prove to be _immune_ to facts.
o They're not used to anyone actually checking up on the facts.

--
This was a great experience because it shows why apologists gravitate so
well to marketing messages, which always are devoid of the facts.

Alan Baker

Jan 9, 2020, 11:19:26 PM1/9/20
On 2020-01-09 8:06 p.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 16:19:09 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> To be fair to Liar, the clueless dipshit troll (LTCDT?), he has been
>> talking about the transcription of previously recorded audio, and while
>> I've no doubt that the offline capabilities that work while doing direct
>> dictation could be used with audio files, I don't think there's actually
>> an interface that would allow you to do it.
>
> I _love_ when Jolly Roger posts!
> o He always proves to be the canonical quintessential Apple apologist!

I always love when a liar posts, Liar!

> *Apologists like Jolly Roger clearly aren't used to dealing with adults*.
> <https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/4syw10/ysk_offline_dictation_was_never_officially/>

Irony coming.

> Apologists like JR only have 7 responses to fact - none of them adult.
> o As usual, Jolly Roger is playing his typical silly apologist games.
> <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7900866>
>
> The apologists aren't used to people actually checking on facts.
> o The clue is the apologists don't show screenshots from _their_ device!

And here's the irony: you didn't check the facts, Liar.

I happen to have an iPhone and I've just checked the settings, and guess
what I found:

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvnpj55suyuu7ey/IMG_4086.png?dl=0>

Would you look at that: the precise thing you just claimed never made it
into iOS, Liar.

> In addition, the other clue is that apologists are so used to believing
> unsupported bullshit (e.g., marketing messages), that another tell-tale
> clue is apologists refuse to cite _where_ they found the ancient
> screenshot.

Mine came from my phone, precisely 4 minutes ago, Liar.

:-)

> Apologists don't show screenshots from _their_ device because they can't in
> most cases (JR and nospam play this silly childish game all the time, most
> often showing functionality that long ago ceased to exist).

Wrong... ...again, Liar.

> Jolly Roger's exact screenshot can be seen in this ancient article:
> o Quick Tip: Offline Dictation with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
> o By Bryan Chaffin Jan 29th, 2016
> <https://jumpshare.com/v/i1CgoArCFNm8ZrjMuq37>

And did you just put it there, Liar?

> "To do dictation offline, all you have to do is enable dictation as a
> whole on your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, which you can do in System
> Preferences -> General -> Keyboard. As shown in the screenshot below, "You
> can use dictation even when you aren't connected to the Internet."
> *If you check on other devices, you won't find that note*."
> <https://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/ios9-keyboard-preferences-screenshot.jpg>
>
> I only had to check one of my iPads (iOS 11.2.6), where these are the kind
> of screenshots on their own iOS device the apologists never seem to come up
> with when they spout their apologists' bullshit:
> o *Settings > General > Keyboard > Enable Dictation*
>
> Notice this quote in my iOS 11.2.6 screenshot below:
> "Enable Dictation?
> Dictation sends information like your voice input, contacts,
> and location to Apple to process your requests."
> <https://i.postimg.cc/pXrh2gyP/dictation01.jpg>
>
> And notice this excerpt in my iOS 11.2.6 screenshot below:
> "When you use Siri and Dictation the things you say will be recorded
> and sent to Apple to process your requests. Your device will also
> send Apple other information, such as your name and nickname;
> the names, nicknames, and relationship with you (e.g., "my dad")
> of your contacts..."
> <https://i.postimg.cc/Sxzn9CW5/dictation02.jpg>

Or...

...as you've done in the past...

...you're just lying about all of that, Liar.

Arlen Holder

Jan 10, 2020, 7:33:06 PM1/10/20
On 10 Jan 2020 18:43:17 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Only because that's an extra step he had to take to get it working on
> his device. There's no need on iOS to record anything, since offline
> dictation is done on the fly. ; ) And it's been that way for *years*,
> since iOS *9* (we're currently at iOS 13, for anyone keeping track).

I so very much _love_ whenever Jolly Roger posts!

It's interesting to understand the mind of the canonical apologist.
*I love learning how the quintessential Apple apologist's mind works!*

Aside from the obvious childish instantaneous fifth-grade-bully vitriol...
o And aside from Jolly Roger's childish backtracking on recording
(Remember, Alan Baker _already_ informed him _before_ his tirade!)

Adults should notice the apologists don't need _any_ facts to jump to
wild-ass conclusions that the apologists, themselves, simply made up.

BTW, adults should take note of the importance of that key fact!
o I think that's one reason why apologists gravitate to Apple products

*Clearly, these apologists don't need _any_ facts to form their beliefs!*

This is, I posit, a key reason Apple is so very successful!
o Apple knows this kind of customer extremely well.

Apple feeds this kind of customer EXACTLY what they want to believe!
o Apple Marketing happily feeds apologists wholly imaginary functionality.
--
HINT: Even if offline "dictation" exists on some iOS versions, AFAIK, it
does not record the audio and transcribe that audio, which even Alan Baker,

Arlen Holder

Jan 10, 2020, 7:33:08 PM1/10/20
On 10 Jan 2020 18:52:13 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> The fact that the dip shit thinks all of us keep a device stuck at iOS 9
> around just to take screenshots to show how wrong his sorry ass is
> priceless. Of course I'm going to do a web search for an actual iOS 9
> image.
>
> But since he insists, here's one I just took from my current device
> running iOS 13, which is slightly different, but says the exact same
> thing: that offline dictation is enabled:
>
> <https://jmp.sh/JQ5aK1O>
>
> Dip shit "Arlen" fails yet again! Comical! : D
>
>>> In addition, the other clue is that apologists are so used to
>>> believing unsupported bullshit (e.g., marketing messages), that
>>> another tell-tale clue is apologists refuse to cite _where_ they
>>> found the ancient screenshot.
>>
>> Mine came from my phone, precisely 4 minutes ago, Liar.
>
> And where it came from doesn't matter. It's a legitimate iOS 9
> screenshot - *that's* what matters. ; )
>
>>> Jolly Roger's exact screenshot can be seen in this ancient article:
>>> o Quick Tip: Offline Dictation with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
>>> o By Bryan Chaffin Jan 29th, 2016
>>> <https://jumpshare.com/v/i1CgoArCFNm8ZrjMuq37>
>
> *Ancient*. In other words, iOS has had offline dictation built into it
> for *ages*, and dip shit "Arlen" only figured out how to do it on
> Android just *this* *week*. And he has to make a voice recording first
> to do it! LOL!!!! The old fart is a complete klutz!
>
> The "Great Arlen Holder", everyone! HAHAHAHA!

I do very much enjoy whenever we hear from Jolly Roger, because...
o *I love learning how the quintessential Apple apologist's mind works!*