Re: Today, 10 years ago

Oregonian Haruspex

Feb 9, 2024, 2:51:13 AMFeb 9
Stefan Ram <r...@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Today [2024-02-06], 10 years ago [2014-02-06]:
>
> Oregonian Haruspex posted "Welcome Slashdot refugees!" to comp.misc
>
> (according to Spiros Bousbouras on 2023-01-06).

I’m still here! I read Usenet a couple times per week but mostly lurk. It’s
great to see how many groups are slowly coming back to life.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 10, 2024, 4:20:50 AMFeb 10
Nah Usenet is dead; I was told this 10 years ago.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Adrian

Feb 10, 2024, 8:57:28 AMFeb 10
In message <20240210092048.a37d...@127.0.0.1>,
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> writes
There's no demand for it. I've been telling enquirers that for years.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Julieta Shem

Feb 10, 2024, 9:05:34 AMFeb 10
Adrian <bul...@ku.gro.lioff> writes:

[...]

>>Nah Usenet is dead; I was told this 10 years ago.
>
> There's no demand for it. I've been telling enquirers that for years.

It's old stuff. It only lasts while there are old people for using it.
People have been saying this for as long as language exists.

Sn!pe

Feb 10, 2024, 9:49:19 AMFeb 10
A Zombie writes: "Hi, guys, are you still here?
A new career awaits you among the Undead."

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator

My pet rock Gordon says:
The first duty of government is defence of the realm.