How to forward e-mail without excessive headers

es...@lehigh.edu

Mar 30, 2002, 4:05:53 PM3/30/02
I have a problem with forwarding certain messages to my cellular
phone. I can receive short messages on the phone, but they are limited
to 150 characters. Unfortunately, for reasons that I do not
understand, I cannot get certain mail sent directly to my cell phone
(and even when I did, the headers were long and took up much of the
150 characters that are allowed.) Now, when I forward those messages
from my normal e-mail address, between the original headers, and the
new headers associated with the forwarding, there is absolutely no
room left for the actual message. Thus, forwarding is useless.

What I would like to be able to do, on those messages that I receive
that I want forwarded to my cell phone, is to send them with as much
as the header info removed as possible. In that way, there will be
room left for the actual message. Is there any way to do this? I have
a cable modem, so my network of computers is connected 24 hours per
day. Most of my computers run Win2K, but at least one can run Linux.
The e-mail program that I normally use is Eudora (whatever the latest
version is.)

TIA,
Ed

Mar 30, 2002, 6:06:35 PM3/30/02
<qp9cauk59tad89o0r...@4ax.com> divulged:

>What I would like to be able to do, on those messages that I receive
>that I want forwarded to my cell phone, is to send them with as much
>as the header info removed as possible.

>Most of my computers run Win2K, but at least one can run Linux.

using procmail you can generate a new message, without all the headers. i
don't know if it's available for ms windows 2000, so you might need to use
your linux system.

don riddim

May 10, 2002, 4:13:17 PM5/10/02
can you go a little further in to detail on what you are talking about here.
sounds interesting.