UUCP over SSH with Exim4

kevin

Mar 20, 2020, 7:29:18 AM3/20/20
Hi, UUCP group. :-)
How to setup UUCP link over SSH between a
laptop and a mail server with Exim4 ?

Live System User

Mar 20, 2020, 7:31:59 AM3/20/20
Is this group still active ?

Grant Taylor

Mar 20, 2020, 7:41:21 PM3/20/20
On 3/20/20 5:29 AM, kevin wrote:
> Hi, UUCP group. :-)

Hi,

> How to setup UUCP link over SSH between a laptop and a mail server
> with Exim4 ?

I view it as two tasks:

1) Configure UUCP over SSH
2) Configure Exim to use UUCP

To me, they are two separate and independent sub-systems that happen to
interact with each other.

ProTip: TaylorUUCP can be configured to use STDIN / STDOUT through an
SSH connection and does not need any form of port forwarding. (It works
great.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Grant Taylor

Mar 20, 2020, 7:41:41 PM3/20/20
On 3/20/20 5:31 AM, Live System User wrote:
> Is this group still active ?

Yes.

(now) four posts in one day. :-)

f4bxw

Jun 5, 2020, 7:17:45 AM6/5/20
it is

Meow

Jul 18, 2023, 9:12:33 PM7/18/23
> Hi, UUCP group. :-)
> How to setup UUCP link over SSH between a laptop and a mail server with
> Exim4 ?

why not use NNCP