DKIM failures and SPF questions

Knute Johnson

Feb 22, 2024, 10:08:13 AMFeb 22
I have sendmail 8.17.1.9 running my personal email accounts. I have set
up DKIM and have specified a DMARC record in my DNS. I have that
configured to send me status emails. My question is why I have so many
failures. The message I get often show failures of DKIM but SPF passes.
There is no explanation why they failed. In the _dmarc record I have
p=quarantine and ptc=100. My SPF record specifies -all.

The failure rate is probably 20% on DKIM and hardly ever on SPF. Do I
need to look for something here?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson