IPv4 during IMAP

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 19, 2023, 7:30:53 PM9/19/23
I'm getting very long timeouts during IMAP while submitting credentials.
The host I'm using has a weird issue in which the server farm took away
fixed IPv6 addresses as it's changed to a model catering to people who
establishing and taking down virtual hosts and get temporary IPv6
addresses. The host I'm on isn't temporary; this is a lousy model for
us. The system administrator wants to communicate via IPv4 only to rule
out that possibility; he still has two fixed IPv4 addresses.

I don't understand the benefit of that model for other people.

Is there a command I can give that would use IPv4 for IMAP only or IPv4
throughout all aspects of the alpine session?

Eduardo Chappa

Sep 19, 2023, 10:29:38 PM9/19/23
On Tue, 19 Sep 2023, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Is there a command I can give that would use IPv4 for IMAP only or IPv4
> throughout all aspects of the alpine session?

Not to my knowledge. The way to do this is by recompiling alpine and
during the make process use the command

make IP6=4

--
Eduardo
https://alpineapp.email (web)

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 19, 2023, 11:01:35 PM9/19/23
Eduardo Chappa <cha...@washington.edu> wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>Is there a command I can give that would use IPv4 for IMAP only or IPv4
>>throughout all aspects of the alpine session?

>Not to my knowledge. The way to do this is by recompiling alpine and
>during the make process use the command

>make IP6=4

Thanks