Temporarily blacklisted

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 14, 2021, 2:55:38 PM3/14/21
I use IMAP to check a mailbox assigned by the ISP. This isn't my main
email address, but I use it to receive service messages from the ISP.

IMAP inconveniences my ISP as that would prefer I use their vile Webmail
interface and see ads. Whenever I am forced to use their Webmail
interface, a Youtube video demonstrating some stupid feature dominates
the screen and I have to figure out how to dismiss it.

Funny how this isn't an IMAP feature.

To defeat me, the ISP temporarily blacklists the IP address I use with
IMAP, which is foreign to the ISP's network.

Whenever I speak to the help desk, they deny they are doing this, but
that person is almost never familiar with the wonders of IMAP.

If I were to create a log and extract certain lines from the log, what
lines should I search for to extract and forward to the ISP on the off
chance I ever find anyone willing to be helpful?

Carlos E.R.

Mar 14, 2021, 4:12:07 PM3/14/21
Me, I would use fetchmail for this job.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 14, 2021, 4:36:55 PM3/14/21
How does that work with a blacklisted IP address?

Carlos E.R.

Mar 14, 2021, 5:48:07 PM3/14/21
The question is not to bypass the blacklist, but to obtain a log of the
attempt that proves the address is blacklisted. And fetchmail produces
such a log, and has heuristics to try guess the server type.

--
Cheers, Carlos.