how to configure a default cc value?

Nicholas Saunders

Jul 25, 2021, 4:31:17 AM7/25/21
In perusing:

http://alpine.x10host.com/alpine/alpine-info/misc/headers.html

it looks like it's possible to set a default cc value. I've set values as:

# Only show these headers (by default) when composing messages
default-composer-hdrs=from,
to,
cc:f...@example.com,
Attchmnt,
subject

but when I compose a message, it doesn't populate the cc field with that value. How do I set the cc field for a default value?

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 25, 2021, 9:56:23 AM7/25/21
default-composer-hdrs are the headers that appear by default upon
invoking the composer command. Any Rich Header or Customized Header can
be added to this list, but the header must already exist in Rich Header
or Customized Header. To add a default value to a composer header, you
must also add it with the default value in the Customized Headers list.

I would urge you to make sure the first letter is capitalized AND there
is a space between : and the header value, as it makes it easier to
read. That space is required to compose an article for a newsgroup, if
you use alpine as a newsreader.

Nicholas Saunders

Jul 25, 2021, 4:14:50 PM7/25/21
[ ] Use System Translation
Initial Keystroke List = <No Value Set>
Default Composer Headers = From
Cc : f...@example.com
Bcc
Attchmnt
Subject

which is copied from the alpine menu, yet the e-mail address still isn't populating.

Might there be an example .pinerc showing this feature?

-Nick

Adam H. Kerman

Jul 25, 2021, 4:30:47 PM7/25/21
You MUST add it to customized-hdrs as I said. The composer header MUST
be in an existing header list, like built-in default headers or rich
headers. If the header isn't in either of those lists, then add it as a
Customized Header.

Then use Default Composer Headers to control the headers you wish to use
in the composer by default. The other Customized Headers not in Default
Composer Headers can be exposed via Rich Headers.

Dennis Davis

Jul 26, 2021, 2:35:38 AM7/26/21
In article <5e85b23d-8d9e-4a49...@googlegroups.com>,
In an earlier thread, Eduardo referred you to:

http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/changing_from/

which shows how to set the From: header in a Role. A few lines
down from the "Set From" option in the "ACTIONS BEGIN HERE" section
you'll see a "Set Other Hdrs" option. You could possible use this
option to set the Cc: header. See the help for this option.
--
Dennis Davis <denni...@fastmail.fm>