Yahoo junk mail folder

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 9, 2022, 12:10:07 PM6/9/22
On various servers, I treat the junk mail folder as an incoming folder
because I don't trust the algorithms that test for email spam.

I use IMAP to check a Yahoo mail account.

I kept getting a "no such folder" checking Yahoo's junk mail folder.

I just realized that Yahoo changed the name of the junk mail folder from
"Bulk Mail" to "Bulk". I updated the entry in .pinerc.

Just a head's up if anyone else uses IMAP to check mail at Yahoo.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 9, 2022, 12:11:53 PM6/9/22
On various servers, I treat the junk mail folder as an incoming folder
because I don't trust the algorithms that test for email spam.

I use IMAP to check a Yahoo mail account.

I kept getting a "no such folder" checking Yahoo's junk mail folder.

I just realized that Yahoo changed the name of the junk mail folder from
"Bulk Mail" to "Bulk". I updated the entry in .pinerc so it works again
with alpine. Thunderbird users would need to make a similar change.