[No messages expunged from folder "[Gmail]/All Mail"]

nicholas

Dec 22, 2023, 12:24:12 AM12/22/23
I tried selecting messages in All Mail for deletion but this is failing
for this folder, whereas it works for other folders.

Perhaps there's a log to look at? This would seem to be possible:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/11116075/4531180

Do the messages have to be moved to the trash in order to expunge?

Saving a test e-mail to the Gmail/Trash seems to have moved it from all
mail.

Perhaps there's a better way save and backup e-mails?

thanks,

Nick

Dec 22, 2023, 5:35:41 AM12/22/23

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023, nicholas wrote:

> Perhaps there's a better way save and backup e-mails?

Hello Nick,

I use isync (mbsync) to backup all my imap email accounts locally. I have about
70k emails with the earliest from 2004. Works like a charm!

Best regards,
Daniel

> thanks,
>
> Nick

ni...@example.com

Dec 22, 2023, 10:16:56 AM12/22/23
On 2023-12-22, D <nos...@example.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Dec 2023, nicholas wrote:
>
>> Perhaps there's a better way save and backup e-mails?
>
> Hello Nick,
>
> I use isync (mbsync) to backup all my imap email accounts locally. I have about
> 70k emails with the earliest from 2004. Works like a charm!
..

This looks interesting. Do you back up and delete from this All Mail directory?

Dec 22, 2023, 11:07:18 AM12/22/23
Depends on the account. If it belongs to customers of mine, I usually
don't delete on the server. If it is my own private accounts where I
have a mailbox size limit, I download and delete the messages on the
server.

Best regards,
Daniel