Re: error posting message?

Hen Hanna

Jan 22, 2023, 8:00:14 PM1/22/23
On Wednesday, October 2, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Robert Frayer wrote:
> When I try to send a reply to a message and include the original message
> in the reply I am given "error posting message:441 article not posted
> more included text than new". I'm not sure exactly what this means and
> what to do about it.
> Sincerely,
> Bob.

around Jan. 5 (?) of 2023 ... i started having problems ( trying to post from Groups.Google.com)

(at first, (some days) i couldn't post anything at all )

For the past 2 (?) weeks ... i can respond to an existing post (like i'm doing now)

but i can't start a new Thread. --- i get this same Error-Msg : [ Error posting message. X ]

Thousands of ppl must be having the same problem, no ?

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 22, 2023, 8:14:01 PM1/22/23
Hen Hanna <henh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wednesday, October 2, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Robert Frayer wrote:

>>When I try to send a reply to a message and include the original message
>>in the reply I am given "error posting message:441 article not posted
>>more included text than new". I'm not sure exactly what this means and
>>what to do about it.

>around Jan. 5 (?) of 2023 ... i started having problems ( trying to post from Groups.Google.com)
>
> (at first, (some days) i couldn't post anything at all )
>

>For the past 2 (?) weeks ... i can respond to an existing post (like i'm doing now)
>
>but i can't start a new Thread. --- i get this same Error-Msg : [ Error posting message. X ]
>

> Thousands of ppl must be having the same problem, no ?

How many different newsgroups are you going to post this to? How exactly
were you using alpine as a newsreader to post to Google Groups?

Hen Hanna

Jan 22, 2023, 8:24:07 PM1/22/23
On Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 5:14:01 PM UTC-8, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Hen Hanna <henh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, October 2, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Robert Frayer wrote:
>
> >>When I try to send a reply to a message and include the original message =
> >>in the reply I am given "error posting message:441 article not posted =
> >>more included text than new". I'm not sure exactly what this means and =
> >>what to do about it. =20
=20
=20

> > around Jan. 5 (?) of 2023 ... i started having problems ( trying to post from Groups.Google.com)
> >
> > (at first, (some days) i couldn't post anything at all )
> >

> >For the past 2 (?) weeks ... i can respond to an existing post (like i'm doing now)
> >
> >but i can't start a new Thread. --- i get this same Error-Msg : [ Error posting message. X ]
> >

> > Thousands of ppl must be having the same problem, no ?

> How many different newsgroups are you going to post this to? How exactly
> were you using alpine as a newsreader to post to Google Groups?

chinet.com -------------- What does the Domain name mean ?

-------------- is it related to the home of the Chinese-Virus ?

Allodoxaphobia

Jan 23, 2023, 8:17:22 AM1/23/23
Only the "thousands" of people that use google groups.

And far too many times they reply to ancient messages -- like
your reply to a October 2, 1996 posting.

The folks that use real newsreaders to post and read on usenet
are having no such problems.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD

Hen Hanna

Jan 23, 2023, 1:12:59 PM1/23/23
On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 5:17:22 AM UTC-8, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 17:00:12 -0800 (PST), Hen Hanna wrote:
> > On Wednesday, October 2, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Robert Frayer wrote:
> >> When I try to send a reply to a message and include the original message
> >> in the reply I am given "error posting message:441 article not posted
> >> more included text than new". I'm not sure exactly what this means and
> >> what to do about it.
> >> Sincerely,
> >> Bob.
> >

> > around Jan. 5 (?) of 2023 ... i started having problems ( trying to post from Groups.Google.com)
> >
> > (at first, (some days) i couldn't post anything at all )
> >

> > For the past 2 (?) weeks ... i can respond to an existing post (like i'm doing now)
> >
> > but i can't start a new Thread. --- i get this same Error-Msg : [ Error posting message. X ]
> >

> > Thousands of ppl must be having the same problem, no ?

> Only the "thousands" of people that use google groups.

what does ALPINE stand for ?

On Friday, January 6, 2023 at 5:59:24 PM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:
> Whenever I try to remove the checkmark from "Subscribe" and then to post, I get "error posting message." Restoring the checkmark doesn't work - the only way to post is to start over completely. This wasn't happening just two days ago or so - can anyone tell me what's going on?
>
> Thanks.

at first, (around that time?) i too suspected the [Subscribe] checkmark

William Unruh

Jan 23, 2023, 3:47:42 PM1/23/23
On 2023-01-23, Hen Hanna <henh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> what does ALPINE stand for ?

It stands for a newsreader/email client developed by the Univ of
Washington and released as an opensource package. It was originally
called pine.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_(email_client)

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 23, 2023, 4:24:30 PM1/23/23
Kids, this is just a sockpuppet that's been trolling by posting
difficult to read nonsense with lots of whitespace in several newsgroups.

Hen Hanna

Jan 23, 2023, 4:38:37 PM1/23/23
On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 1:24:30 PM UTC-8, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> William Unruh <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:
> >On 2023-01-23, Hen Hanna <henh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>what does ALPINE stand for ?
>
> >It stands for a newsreader/email client developed by the Univ of
> >Washington and released as an opensource package. It was originally
> >called pine. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_(email_client)

did PINE originally stand for [Pine is not Elm] ?

i think i've used both Pine and Elm, and maybe one more (with a similar name).

> Kids, this is just a sockpuppet that's been trolling by posting =
> difficult to read nonsense with lots of =20 whitespace =20 in several newsgroups. =

what does Chinet stand for ?

and why did you have so much trouble with = = = and =20 =20 earlier ?

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 23, 2023, 8:29:11 PM1/23/23
It's no trouble at all. You posted quoted-printable encoding which has
never been necessary on Usenet. I am under no obligattion to you to
decode it. As it bothers you, then don't encode it to begin with.

William Unruh

Jan 23, 2023, 11:54:32 PM1/23/23
On 2023-01-23, Hen Hanna <henh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 1:24:30 PM UTC-8, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> William Unruh <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:

>> >It stands for a newsreader/email client developed by the Univ of
>> >Washington and released as an opensource package. It was originally
>> >called pine. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_(email_client)
>

> did PINE originally stand for [Pine is not Elm] ?

You can make up any expansion of the word you want. According to that
Web page ( did you read it?) it says Alpine stands for either
Alternatively Licensed Program for Internet News and Email
or
Apache Licensed Program for Internet News and Email