Killfiles in pine for news?

Feb 21, 2024, 5:23:01 PMFeb 21
Hello piners,

Does anyone here have an idea of how I could implement some kind of
killfile when reading news in pine?

I can script key strokes, but curious if there's anything built in, or if
anyone built their own solution somehow.

Best regards,
Daniel

Eduardo Chappa

Feb 21, 2024, 10:26:34 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024, D wrote:

> Does anyone here have an idea of how I could implement some kind of
> killfile when reading news in pine?

You could implement filters in Alpine. Press M S R F to start setting up
one.

--
Eduardo
https://alpineapp.email (web)

Feb 22, 2024, 3:37:14 AMFeb 22
Great! Thank you very much for the pointer in the right direction Eduardo!
=) I'll have a look there.

Best regards,
Daniel

Feb 22, 2024, 6:45:34 AMFeb 22
Just to follow up for the benefit of others who might have the same
question. I had a look as per Eduardos advice, and I found the following:

External Categorizer Commands =

Which allows you to call a command to a program that filters for you. So
instead of having one rule per user I want to avoid, I can just write a
script, and add all the usernames I want to avoid to that killfile, and if
I understand things correctly, the rule with an External Categorizer
Command will run my script and return if there is a match, and then I just
select "delete message" or something similar.

Best regards,
Daniel