Verizon move to AOL mail

jlu...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 12:55:16 PM4/11/17
I can't get Pegasus to work with aol mail. I changed the ports as AOL suggests but can't receive or send mail. I made the change on the program I have on my phone with no problem (not Pegasus) but Pegasus on computer will not work. Any suggestions appreciated.

Euler German

Apr 11, 2017, 2:18:02 PM4/11/17

On article <3f618a0d-4323-4115...@googlegroups.com>,
jlu...@gmail.com wrote:

> I can't get Pegasus to work with aol mail. I changed the ports as AOL suggests but can't receive or send mail. I made the change on the program I have on my phone with no problem (not Pegasus) but Pegasus on computer will not work. Any suggestions appreciated.

Can you provide more information?

Pegasus Mail version:
OS (Windows) version:

Mail retrieving: POP3? IMAP?
Server host address:
Server port:
STLS, SSL, or none?

Mail sending:
Server host address:
Server port:
STARTTLS, SSL, or none?
SMTP authentication?

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(

jlu...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 2:53:44 PM4/11/17
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:18:02 PM UTC-4, Euler German wrote:
> On article <3f618a0d-4323-4115...@googlegroups.com>,
> jlu...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > I can't get Pegasus to work with aol mail. I changed the ports as AOL suggests but can't receive or send mail. I made the change on the program I have on my phone with no problem (not Pegasus) but Pegasus on computer will not work. Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Can you provide more information?
>
> Pegasus Mail version:4.72.572
> OS (Windows) version:windows 10
>
> Mail retrieving: POP3? IMAP? They recommend IMAP
> Server host address: imap.aol.com
> Server port:143
> STLS, SSL, or none?
>
> Mail sending:
> Server host address:smtp.aol.com
> Server port:587
> STARTTLS, SSL, or none?says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
> SMTP authentication? yes

Euler German

Apr 12, 2017, 2:55:17 PM4/12/17

On article <787fe272-024e-4323...@googlegroups.com>,
jlu...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:18:02 PM UTC-4, Euler German wrote:
> > On article <3f618a0d-4323-4115...@googlegroups.com>,
> > jlu...@gmail.com wrote:
> >

> > > I can't get Pegasus to work with aol mail. I changed the ports as AOL suggests but can't receive or send mail. I made the change on the program I have on my phone with no problem (not Pegasus) but Pegasus on computer will not work. Any suggestions appreciated.
> >
> > Can you provide more information?
> >
> > Pegasus Mail version:4.72.572
> > OS (Windows) version:windows 10
> >
> > Mail retrieving: POP3? IMAP? They recommend IMAP
> > Server host address: imap.aol.com
> > Server port:143
> > STLS, SSL, or none?

We have something wrong here. Your SMTP parameters below point to an
encrypted connection so should be your IMAP protocol. Try port 993
and check SSL radio button at Security pane, and lets see what
happens.

> > Mail sending:
> > Server host address:smtp.aol.com
> > Server port:587
> > STARTTLS, SSL, or none?says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
> > SMTP authentication? yes

As said above this is a normal encrypted SMTP connection. Port 587
needs a STARTTLS bus. Check its radio button at Security tab.

For SMTP authentication I strongly recommend the use of "Login to the
SMTP server using a POP3 username/password" in "SMTP Authentication"
block.

HTH :)