Sending Mail

5 views
Skip to first unread message

Bill McCray

unread,
Jun 1, 2017, 11:37:40 AM6/1/17
to
I'm currently using Pegasus Version 4.71.565 running under Windows 10.
This morning the program changed its behavior. In the past, when I have
finished an outgoing message, it has gone into the queue of unsent mail
until I click to send queued mail. Twice this morning, it has sent the
message immediately upon my clicking the Send button to close the
message. It's not the new behavior that bothers me so much (except that
the first message disappeared and I didn't know where it had gone).
It's just that the behavior has changed and I don't know why it has.
Can you help me understand this?

Bill McCray
Lexington, KY

Stephen Hust

unread,
Jun 1, 2017, 12:26:03 PM6/1/17
to
Tools - Internet options - Sending (SMTP)

See if the option "Send mail at once without placing in queue" is checked.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.

Euler German

unread,
Jun 1, 2017, 2:18:26 PM6/1/17
to

On article <ogpcc3$8dl$1...@news.albasani.net>, Bill McCray wrote:

> It's not the new behavior that bothers me so much (except that
> the first message disappeared and I didn't know where it had gone).
> It's just that the behavior has changed and I don't know why it has.
> Can you help me understand this?
>

Complementing Stephen's, are you using Autofiltering? If so, Pegasus
will bond sent messages to an auto-filtered addressee in the same
folder, so to build a "conversational" folder.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Reply-To: partially ROT13, invalid=com
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(

Bill McCray

unread,
Jun 1, 2017, 7:59:00 PM6/1/17
to
Thanks, Steve, but it is not checked (I hadn't found it yet, and your
prompt helped in that).

Bill

Bill McCray

unread,
Jun 1, 2017, 8:08:13 PM6/1/17
to
On 6/1/17 2:18 PM, Euler German wrote:
>
> On article <ogpcc3$8dl$1...@news.albasani.net>, Bill McCray wrote:
>
>> It's not the new behavior that bothers me so much (except that
>> the first message disappeared and I didn't know where it had gone).
>> It's just that the behavior has changed and I don't know why it has.
>> Can you help me understand this?
>>
>
> Complementing Stephen's, are you using Autofiltering? If so, Pegasus
> will bond sent messages to an auto-filtered addressee in the same
> folder, so to build a "conversational" folder.
>
Not that I'm aware of, Euler. I have filters set. Is that what you are
talking about?

Bill

Bill McCray

unread,
Jun 1, 2017, 10:52:45 PM6/1/17
to
Looks like it's back to normal. Again I changed nothing. Thanks for
the suggestions.

Bill

Steve Hayes

unread,
Jun 3, 2017, 2:48:36 AM6/3/17
to
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 15:18:25 -0300, Euler German
<rstrezn...@znvyahyy.invalid> wrote:

>
>On article <ogpcc3$8dl$1...@news.albasani.net>, Bill McCray wrote:
>
>> It's not the new behavior that bothers me so much (except that
>> the first message disappeared and I didn't know where it had gone).
>> It's just that the behavior has changed and I don't know why it has.
>> Can you help me understand this?
>>
>
>Complementing Stephen's, are you using Autofiltering? If so, Pegasus
>will bond sent messages to an auto-filtered addressee in the same
>folder, so to build a "conversational" folder.

Question about Autofiltering:

Does it automatically send mail to the relevant folder without
appearing in the New Mail folder first?


--
Steve Hayes
http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
http://khanya.wordpress.com

Euler German

unread,
Jun 3, 2017, 2:34:31 PM6/3/17
to

On article <ogqa9c$kqg$1...@news.albasani.net>, Bill McCray wrote:

> Not that I'm aware of, Euler. I have filters set. Is that what you are
> talking about?
>
>

Nope, I meant Autofiltering folders. Right-click a folder from
Folders pane (Ctrl+L) and pick third item from top. When selected,
folders changes its icon from the white envelope to a blue guy and
the envelope.

Euler German

unread,
Jun 3, 2017, 2:35:12 PM6/3/17
to

On article <0tm4jc59t9itbuaf4...@4ax.com>, Steve Hayes
wrote:

> Does it automatically send mail to the relevant folder without
> appearing in the New Mail folder first?
>
>

Yep!

Euler German

unread,
Jun 3, 2017, 6:20:34 PM6/3/17
to

On article <MPG.339cf56e...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Euler German wrote:

>
> On article <ogqa9c$kqg$1...@news.albasani.net>, Bill McCray wrote:
>
> > Not that I'm aware of, Euler. I have filters set. Is that what you are
> > talking about?
> >
> >
>
> Nope, I meant Autofiltering folders. Right-click a folder from
> Folders pane (Ctrl+L) and pick third item from top. When selected,
> folders changes its icon from the white envelope to a blue guy and
> the envelope.

Just to clarify, I took this from Pegasus Mail Help:

<quote>
Autofiltering is a simple way of organizing your mail into
"conversations". Put simply, if you move or copy a message into a
folder that has autofiltering enabled, that folder will subsequently
automatically gather all the messages you receive from the sender of
that message, and all the messages you send to that person. Being
able to see both what you've received and sent in order allows you to
read your correspondence with that person as if it were an ongoing
conversation.

[?]

Order of processing - Autofiltering is done after all other filtering
is completed on any given message. So, if you have new mail filtering
rules active, they will be applied before any autofiltering, as will
spam and content filtering (SpamHalter and Content Control). Only if
all other types of filter complete without moving or deleting the
message will autofiltering take place. This prevents spam that
impersonates a known address from being autofiltered, and gives you a
way of overriding autofiltering for special conditions.
</quote>

Read more in Help > Reading and filing mail > Working with folders >
Autofiltering folders

Bill McCray

unread,
Jun 4, 2017, 6:41:53 AM6/4/17
to
I hadn't remembered that even being in Pegasus. Thank you for the
explanation.

I checked and found that I did have one autofiltering folder. However,
the address associated with that folder wasn't involved in the two
messages that were sent automatically, so that still doesn't explain why
those two were sent immediately. I have removed autofiltering from that
address and folder.

So far the behavior hasn't been repeated, so it will probably remain a
mystery. Again, thanks for helping me understand the problem.

Bill in Kentucky

Steve Hayes

unread,
Jun 4, 2017, 6:50:18 AM6/4/17
to
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:35:11 -0300, Euler German
<rstrezn...@znvyahyy.invalid> wrote:

>
>On article <0tm4jc59t9itbuaf4...@4ax.com>, Steve Hayes
>wrote:
>
>> Does it automatically send mail to the relevant folder without
>> appearing in the New Mail folder first?
>>
>>
>
>Yep!

I'll continue using filters to use when closing new mail folder, then.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages