Recent Search Results List

@Goddess

Mar 9, 2007, 1:50:43 PM3/9/07
Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
a zillion entries.

Thanks.

Evertjan.

Mar 9, 2007, 3:26:09 PM3/9/07
@Goddess wrote on 09 mrt 2007 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
> a zillion entries.

Set your queries to expire when peg closes, and close peg now and then.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

@Goddess

Mar 12, 2007, 1:23:04 PM3/12/07
On 09 Mar 2007 20:26:09 GMT, "Evertjan."
<exjxw.ha...@interxnl.net> wrote:

>@Goddess wrote on 09 mrt 2007 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>> Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
>> a zillion entries.
>
>Set your queries to expire when peg closes, and close peg now and then.

You mean by checking "Delete Search Results On Exit," every time I run
a search? That seems pretty inconvenient. Is there a setting I am
missing that automatically sets this option for all searches?

Also, how do I get rid of the zillion searches that are already on the
search list?

Thanks for your help.

Evertjan.

Mar 12, 2007, 2:05:13 PM3/12/07
@Goddess wrote on 12 mrt 2007 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> On 09 Mar 2007 20:26:09 GMT, "Evertjan."
> <exjxw.ha...@interxnl.net> wrote:
>
>>@Goddess wrote on 09 mrt 2007 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>>
>>> Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
>>> a zillion entries.
>>
>>Set your queries to expire when peg closes, and close peg now and then.
>

> You mean by checking "Delete Search Results On Exit," every time I run
> a search? That seems pretty inconvenient. Is there a setting I am
> missing that automatically sets this option for all searches?

Yes.

options > folder behavour >

check: Default setting for Search Result folders "Delete on exit".

> Also, how do I get rid of the zillion searches that are already on the
> search list?

Perhaps they will switch,
perhaps you will have to set them by hand,
I cannot check that.

Rob

Mar 13, 2007, 9:48:32 AM3/13/07
"@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh> wrote in

> Also, how do I get rid of the zillion searches that are already on the
> search list?
>
> Thanks for your help.

You will need to manually delete the existing search result folders. Delete
them just like any other folder.

--
Rob Croson (rob...@arcm.com)
Member of the Pegasus Mail and Mercury/32 Beta Test Teams

Michael in der Wiesche

Mar 13, 2007, 10:13:37 AM3/13/07
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:50:43 -0500, "@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh>
wrote:

> Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
> a zillion entries.

Edit or delete the file FLSEARCH.PM in your mailbox directory.

Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>

@Goddess

Mar 13, 2007, 12:52:59 PM3/13/07
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:13:37 +0100, Michael in der Wiesche
<---idw.d...@t-online.de> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:50:43 -0500, "@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh>
>wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
>> a zillion entries.
>>

>Edit or delete the file FLSEARCH.PM in your mailbox directory.
>

> Michael

WOW! Even after I cleared all of the list in this file, they are
STILL THERE! I double checked the file. There is nothing on the
list.

I set the option in options/folder behavior, I cleared the list in
this file, reopened and closed and reopened PM and they are still
there! Even tried rebooting the PC. Still there!

I can't find any way to manually delete the searches from within the
program (even if I could, if I had to do it one by one, it might take
me a month).

How the heck do I get rid of these things?

Michael in der Wiesche

Mar 13, 2007, 1:03:55 PM3/13/07
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:52:59 -0500, "@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh>
wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:13:37 +0100, Michael in der Wiesche
> <---idw.d...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:50:43 -0500, "@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any way to remove results from or clear this list? Mine has
> >> a zillion entries.
> >>

> >Edit or delete the file FLSEARCH.PM in your mailbox directory.
> >

> > Michael
>

> WOW! Even after I cleared all of the list in this file, they are
> STILL THERE! I double checked the file. There is nothing on the
> list.

Are you sure you did it for the correct user, i.e. do you have multiple
mailbox directories? When I renamed the file Pegasus Mail didn't even need
to be closed to make it clear the list.

@Goddess

Mar 14, 2007, 4:11:42 PM3/14/07
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:03:55 +0100, Michael in der Wiesche
<---idw.d...@t-online.de> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:52:59 -0500, "@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh>
>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:13:37 +0100, Michael in der Wiesche
>> <---idw.d...@t-online.de> wrote:

>> >Edit or delete the file FLSEARCH.PM in your mailbox directory.
>> >

>> > Michael
>>

>> WOW! Even after I cleared all of the list in this file, they are
>> STILL THERE! I double checked the file. There is nothing on the
>> list.
>
>Are you sure you did it for the correct user, i.e. do you have multiple
>mailbox directories? When I renamed the file Pegasus Mail didn't even need
>to be closed to make it clear the list.
>

> Michael

Thanks Michael ... but no joy!

I checked carefully to be sure I was in the right folder and on the
right file. There is only one mailbox folder and one user. I'm sure
it is the right one.

Now I tried actually deleting flsearch.pm, and it still didn't work!
The list is still there. I searched my whole dvive for another copy
of that file, and there is none. Where the heck is it getting the
list from?!

Han van den Bogaerde

Mar 23, 2007, 1:18:20 PM3/23/07
In comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows on Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:11:42
-0500, "@Goddess" <god...@romanruins.duh> wrote:

About what list are you talking exactly. The solution Michael gave
works perfect, so ther emust be something else involved.

Do you mean :
a. The list in the drop-down box when you use CTRL+F in the folders
listsing
b. The folders shown under "Recent search results" in the folders
listing
c. any other place.

regards

--
Han van den Bogaerde - sup...@vandenbogaerde.net
Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Team

@Goddess

Mar 23, 2007, 2:02:16 PM3/23/07

I mean >

b. The folders shown under "Recent search results" in the folders
listing

I checked, double checked and triple checked.

There is only one file called flsearch.pm on my computer. It is an
empty file with nothing whatsoever in it.

Thre is only a single user of PM on this computer.

Yet there are many folders shown under "Recent search results."

Other than that, everything seems normal.

I do not know where they are coming from.

Thanks.

Message has been deleted

@Goddess

Mar 23, 2007, 2:29:14 PM3/23/07
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:19:28 -0500, Guy
<Use-Reply-To-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:

>@Goddess wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:18:20 +0100, Han van den Bogaerde
>> <jaab...@vandenbogaerde.net> wrote:

>>> About what list are you talking exactly. The solution Michael
>>> gave works perfect, so ther emust be something else involved.
>>>
>>> Do you mean :
>>> a. The list in the drop-down box when you use CTRL+F in the
>>> folders listsing b. The folders shown under "Recent search
>>> results" in the folders listing c. any other place.
>>>

>> I mean >
>>
>> b. The folders shown under "Recent search results" in the folders
>> listing
>>

>> There is only one file called flsearch.pm on my computer. It is
>> an empty file with nothing whatsoever in it.
>>

>> Yet there are many folders shown under "Recent search results."
>>

>Delete any LNK*.PNL files in the mailbox directory.

BINGO!!! That did it!!!

Thanks Guy!!!!

jameyj...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2014, 5:28:31 AM4/15/14