Re: Unwanted addition to subject line

1 view

Euler German

Sep 9, 2021, 9:57:14 AM9/9/21

On article <e54ijg1v1djlpqe44...@4ax.com>, Steve Hayes
wrote (at least in part):

> In the last couple of days soething has been adding "[Marketing Mail]
> to the headers of all my incoming e-mail, so I get subject lines like:
>
> [Marketing Mail] Re: [GMF] Weird headers
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Is it Pegasus doing it?
>
> Whatever it is, it is excessively annoying, because it makes every
> reply seem like a new thread, and pushes significant words of the end
> of the line.

No, it is not Pegasus Mail fault but either your mail server or
message sender. Anyways, Pmail has a way to handle this nuisance.

There's a control file named PREFIX.PM where one can put patterns to
handle Subject strings. You will need to use a plain text editor to
edit this file that may be in the working directory (?:\PMAIL
\PROGRAMS) or user's mailbox directory (?:\PMAIL\MAIL\USER).

At the beginning of the file you will find instructions on how to use
text patterns or regular expressions, including extended notation
regexes that start with a tilde and end with /h and are much
powerful. Below is a list of both that may handle any case. You'll
see some redundancy but that won't be a problem.

-<begin>------------------------------------------
~/w[[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+][ :]/h*
~RE:/w[<({[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+[>)}]]/w/h*
~RES:/w[<({[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+[>)}]]/w/h*
~ENC:/w[<({[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+[>)}]]/w/h*
~FWD:/w[<({[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+[>)}]]/w/h*
~FW:/w[<({[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+[>)}]]/w/h*
~[(]FWD[)]/w[<({[][A-Za-z0-9 ]+[>)}]]/w/h*
~RE/w[[][0-9]+][ :]/h*
RE:
RES:
RV:
ENC:
FWD:
(FWD)
FW:
AW:
WG:
SV:
FS:
VB:
VS:
OT:
New Post:
--------------------------------------------<end>-

These patterns DO NOT remove Subject contents, only it will instruct
Pmail to ignore those when sorting by Subject line. It will though
remove them when replying the message.

This has been extensively discussed at the PM-WIN support list. You
should subscribe to it to get full support from the Community. Send a
blank message to PM-WIN-subsc...@LISTSERV.UA.EDU and follow
the instructions that'll be mailed to you.

HTH

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(