Saving mail messages

Steve Hayes

Sep 20, 2012, 4:29:56 AM9/20/12
If been wanting to save e-mail messages to a filoe, and then manipulate the
file with a program like awk in order to be able to import them into a
database.

One of the problems is that when you save messages to a file, all the headers
are saved, so I'm hoping that awk can manipulate the file to remove all but
the most significant ones, and someone has given me a sample script that seems
to do that quite well.

But I've also been getting and increasing number of messages that are hard to
read, and to save in readable form:

These ones are hard to read and save:

These are not quite as hard to read or save, but still cause problems:

These ones are easy to read and save:

Can anyone suggest a way of making it easier to read and save messages in
various formats?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com