Junk mail

Steve Hayes

May 31, 2014, 11:33:27 PM5/31/14
Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?

I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List again and
again and again, and mail from that address still seems to end up in the
Junkmail folder.

I have a filter set so what when I have finished reading them in New Mail,
when it is closed they are automatically moved to their own folder, but when
they end up in the Junkmail folder I have to move them one by one, and I
sometimes read them several days late.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

Evertjan.

Jun 1, 2014, 4:34:37 AM6/1/14
Steve Hayes <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?
>
> I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List again
> and again and again, and mail from that address still seems to end up in
> the Junkmail folder.
>
> I have a filter set so what when I have finished reading them in New
> Mail, when it is closed they are automatically moved to their own
> folder, but when they end up in the Junkmail folder I have to move them
> one by one, and I sometimes read them several days late.

I use spamhalter, and it's whitelist.

I inspect my spam folder say once a month,
and seldom there is a pertinent mail needing whitelisting
and rescanning.

Do you use spamhalter?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Steve Hayes

Jun 1, 2014, 7:44:20 AM6/1/14
No, I've never heard of it.

And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail folder?

Evertjan.

Jun 1, 2014, 11:21:27 AM6/1/14
Steve Hayes <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

>>Do you use spamhalter?
>
> No, I've never heard of it.

Strange.

Standard part of PMail:

Menu
Tools
Spam aand content controls
Spamhalter ...

> And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail folder?

Isn't it the reason of the existence of a junkmail folder,
to put things !in! it automagically?

Nil

Jun 1, 2014, 5:16:03 PM6/1/14
On 01 Jun 2014, Eric Demeester <eric.RE...@mailody.org> wrote
in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I don't know. I tried tu use Pegasus antispam system, and found it
> too slow.

I wouldn't think that would be significant unless you're deluged with
spam.

> May I suggest you to try k9 bayesian system ? I use it for more
> then 10 years. it is easy to set up, damn' small (113 Kio) and
> very efficient :
> http://keir.net/k9.html

I used to use K9 a long time ago. I didn't realize it hadn't been
updated since 2004. Seems to now be abandonware.

Steve Hayes

Jun 1, 2014, 10:23:16 PM6/1/14
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 17:21:27 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.h...@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>Steve Hayes <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>>>Do you use spamhalter?
>>
>> No, I've never heard of it.
>
>Strange.
>
>Standard part of PMail:
>
>Menu
>Tools
>Spam aand content controls
>Spamhalter ...

Well it's years since I looked at theb setup.

>> And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail folder?
>
>Isn't it the reason of the existence of a junkmail folder,
>to put things !in! it automagically?

Yes, but not things on the whitelist.

Nil

Jun 2, 2014, 2:29:07 AM6/2/14
On 31 May 2014, Steve Hayes <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?
>
> I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List
> again and again and again, and mail from that address still seems
> to end up in the Junkmail folder.

You need to be more specific. Are you talking about Spamhalter or
Content Control?

If Spamhalter, I don't understand your issue. When you add an address
to the Global White List, it should stay there. Unless you have
exceeded the number of addresses you have set as the maximum (default
is 500, I think) no address should ever just disappear.

If you're talking about Content Control, I don't know. I never could
get that feature working the way I wanted, and then I found I didn't
need it anyway.

Evertjan.

Jun 2, 2014, 6:58:31 AM6/2/14
Steve Hayes <haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote on 02 jun 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

>>> And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail
folder?

>>Isn't it the reason of the existence of a junkmail folder,
>>to put things !in! it automagically?
>
> Yes, but not things on the whitelist.

Perhaps to do with the way you fill it?

I have set a maximum of 1000 entries and
automatic insertion of addresses used for sending.

I heve never knowingly seen a mail in the spam folder
that was whitelisted, but who knows.
Message has been deleted