Off topic: Web based emails hiding ISP addresses

Michael Gallagher

Jul 20, 2014, 11:28:19 AM7/20/14
I know this is off topic, but I couldn't think of where else to ask:
I've noticed that both gmail and hotmail don't show the IP addresses
of the sender's ISP anymore. Yahoo still does it if you use the web
site, but if you use the smtp server, the e-mail only has a line with
the senders ISP if it goes to a non-yahoo.com domain. (I know this
because I have an e-mail account at my old ISP and sent test messages
through this.) Does anyone know why some mailers, including web based
ones, are hiding the addresses of ISP's? Just curious. Thanks.

RS Wood

Jun 17, 2015, 2:09:27 AM6/17/15
Have you tried comp.mail.misc? They might know. ( I don't).