Is it possible to have one HTML document split into MIME chunks?

jan...@gmail.com

May 26, 2013, 7:48:33 AM5/26/13
I have a HTTP response. Is there any way to send it, in two MIME chunks?

For example: in HTTP response I have:

I want to send something like this:

--SOME_MIME_boundary
--SOME_MIME_boundary
--SOME_MIME_boundary

Is this possible to have one html document splitted into couple of MIME chunks? I want browsers (on client end) to recognize that thoose 2 chunks are one html document and properly display it.

If it is possible, give me some simple http response example (with headers etc), please. I simply don't know how to construct that HTTP response.

If you want to know why I need this check: HTTP - how to send multiple pre-cached gzipped chunks?

Thank You!

Jorgen Grahn

May 27, 2013, 9:49:00 AM5/27/13
On Sun, 2013-05-26, jan...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a HTTP response. Is there any way to send it, in two MIME chunks?
>
> For example: in HTTP response I have:

> I want to send something like this:
>
> --SOME_MIME_boundary
> --SOME_MIME_boundary
> --SOME_MIME_boundary
>

> Is this possible to have one html document splitted into couple of
> MIME chunks? I want browsers (on client end) to recognize that thoose
> 2 chunks are one html document and properly display it.

> If it is possible, give me some simple http response example (with
> headers etc), please. I simply don't know how to construct that HTTP
> response.

Read the HTTP RFCs. They are sure to specify the interaction between
MIME and HTTP. I have a feeling you'll not find anything like this.
Can you even do it with MIME as used in Internet mail? I don't see how.

> If you want to know why I need this check: HTTP - how to send
> multiple pre-cached gzipped chunks?

I.e. you have a document which is accessed often, and although some of
it varies you want to avoid gzipping the main, non-varying part over
and over again?

I don't know if it helps, but take a look at 'gzip --rsyncable'.
You can use the algorithm in such a way that a change in the middle of
the input stream doesn't affect /all/ of the following output stream.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .